Class C price ranges

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingsnake

Reaction score
Hellllo...&nbsp;<br /><br />I am trying to figure out a purchase situation. So far I have seen a few Class C's in person and their respective prices. Those were on an RV dealers lot. Otherwise I have seen stuff on craigslist.&nbsp;<br /><br />My question is: what are some major differences between $2000-$4000 and $6000-up.<br /><br />The ones I have seen in person were $6500, $7500, and $8500. Progressively nicer and these were some older, but clean, inspected, and working RV's.<br /><br />Is it possible to get something in the $2k-$4k range thats not junk? <br /><br />I don't mind a little work, but I would like to start with something reliable, livable (fulltime), and not a money pit.<br /><br />Seems like 6500+ will get me into something decent, the only reason I am looking at cheaper is its easier right now. I'd like to just trade my truck for a Class C if possible. No cash exchanged. Straight trade. Wishful thinking probably, but a couple dealers said they would take the truck as a trade in. Problem is though, it might be hard to find a dealer with something the same value as my truck.<br /><br />Any thoughts?<br /><br />Thanks for the help!

Kingsnake, I live full time in a 1979 chevy 23' corsair class c motorhome. I only paid $1000.00 for it. It runs and drives most of the time. But im saving for a newer one. Im probably going to buy something around $7500.00. Im sure there are lots of good old campers, but the main thing I have learned is that if your afraid its going to break down you will be afraid to go any where. That is my biggest problem. I dont trust this thing. All I do is drive to work or my place that I park at which is less than a mile from where I work. I park near a wawa so I do most of my shopping and eating there. Make sure you get as new and reliable as you can afford. You may find something great cheap but dont just buy one because its cheap. It has to be reliable.

Howard and King. That is my main concern as well, reliability. If a person is going full-time, where do you live when your RV is in the shop? <br /><br />Scarlett

Watch those dealers....a straight trade will cost you hundreds of dollars in fees...some real some made up!!!!

King snake,<br><br>I have been looking at C's for a while now and I have very specific desires if I ever were to buy one. I think $6k up is about the norm for a decent rig. I am realizing that for what I want, I have to look in the $15 area.<br><br>Any less and you are either buying someone's problem or something so old the mileage will kill you to drive....of course the oldies with low mileage have been sitting and there isn't much worse for machinery than to be sitting around un-maintained.<br><br>On the other hand, there is a gent at the RTR that owns the perfect rig for my wife and I and it was an incredible deal at $6k. 1983 but a real creampuff that the previous owner loved and babied.<br><br>You can prolly get something in your price range and have it be a great deal, but I think you should be prepared for a long, long nationwide search....and be willing to go and get it.<br><br>JMHO.....<br>Bri

Our main RV is a bought-new 28' NorthTrail but we also recently bought an old 1993 Ford Class-C.&nbsp; We paid $7,200 for it but it needs work. Not the engine, but the inside and outside.&nbsp; It also needs all new tires.&nbsp; If you want something you don't have to sink time and money in, look at the $12,000 and up range.&nbsp; In that range, unless you get "taken", they're in pretty darn good shape.&nbsp;