Christmas Eve Gathering - Ehrenberg Mesa

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonanza Jellybean

Reaction score
Christmas Eve Gathering:

Bring a log to throw on the fire, or food to share and something to put on the grill.

Time: 2pm
Date: Christmas Eve

*Somewhere near 900 Watt Randy by the edge of the Mesa looking south.

Hope to see you all there.

- Erin

*As it get's closer to the day, I'll post if we will be able to have a small fire or if it's a no burn day we'll just gather and enjoy the view.

If I can find the location, I'll be here. Bobs pizza party was surprisingly illusive, drove around for a bit and somehow missed it.

I'll bring 4 (or 5) quarts of pressure cooked bear stew with a pot to warm it up in, might have to do a couple batches though. I don't have any bowls to bring unfortunately though, and no plastic spoons either. Hopefully someone else will have those covered.

Eh, cup your hands and slurp. ;) Bear stew does sound interesting though.

The GFS model shows a fairly active rain pattern setting up over the next 10 days or so for the Desert SW.

http://www.atmos.washington.edu/~ovens/loops/wxloop.cgi?gfs_pcpn_slp_thkn+///6

That first possible rain on Thursday, moving up from the south, is pretty bizarre, usually they all come from the NW this time of year.

The one from the south even if rainless, could bring some warmish lingering humidity and lots of overcast limiting solar harvest.

Bear stew? Not many bears near Ehrenberg.

Sailing VANessa said:
Looks like it's going to be raining on the 24 th.  Darn.

Don't count on it.

The local forecast  is for intermittent showers (not rain, just showers, there's a difference) in the morning with sunshiny periods in the afternoon.

The last time we had showers here, it didn't even wash the dust off my windshield....sigh!

A lot of us are accustomed to rain. It happens, parties go on. Well, unless it's like the rains we had in Flagstaff.

I'm bringing nice hot chedder sausage balls.

And if it rains anything like it did today...well I still don't have the dust washed off the windshield....sigh!

I'll be bringing cheese and cracker trays - yes trays because it won't all fit on one... :D 

Erin - PM me if you need an extra table brought with me.

You're making me so hungry !
Can you guys mail me an assorted plate????????

I know , just eat my spinach and shut up.................

Can anyone give more location details than "the mesa"? (Like GPS coordinates?)

Down there , you move to higher ground........
Up here , the ground gets higher !

I am hoping on reaching Ehrenberg on Friday pm. I've never been there before but think I can find the camspite based on Bob's map. M a ybe I can get directions to the Mesa then. 
Roger

I am bringing fudge, hot chocolate and a bundle of wood.

I think the Mesa and the plateau are used interchangeably so it can sound confusing to those who haven't been here.

It sounds like fun, so I'll probably make the 60 mile trip each way. I haven't yet decided what to bring, I may pick something up in Yuma tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.