Cherokee National Forest - dispersed camping

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh geez, that looks tasty. Such a sucker for chocolate. 

Joined the forum for the national forests and have Ben asking questions. There are vehicle use maps for each forest which show where vehicles may drive for dispersed camping. The ranger stations have them.

NF thread

Mornin cuz, dispersed camping in some cases does require a short walk and equipment carry, but, in the CNF, there is a lot of dispersersed camping that does not require a short hike, i.e., alongside the road there are lots of it, at Tumbling creek there are some alongside the stream.

As a heads up in the Nantahala/Pisgah/Cherokee NF areas I was seeing a whole bunch of day use fees at the pull-offs just to get to the water.

I hate seeing signs like this. It's very discouraging to drive to a nice spot in the forest only to discover that there's a fee (however small because part of the reasons national forests were established was for free recreation) which must be paid at a location outside of the forest.