Cargo camper windows

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bullfrog said:
From around 1980 untill at least 2000 school buses in Kentucky used tempered glass in all windows but the windshield. A lot of times school buses are exempted from federal standards. No time limits for drive times or log books for drivers also. So when it comes to saving money don't do what the federal government does. Use the best materials and engineering you can afford.

Well in Missouri you had to run a logbook on your bus if you are more than 100 miles from home. I don’t know about other states

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dean and Buster said:
About what will it cost to put the windows in my cargo camper

Dean and Buster,

The cost for windows probably varies greatly, but I was buying a used windowless high roof van from a Nissan dealer in Indiana last Saturday and the dealer gave me a quote of $2,000 to install windows in both rear doors and on both rear side walls, so four windows.

The work was to be done by a glass company in a neighboring town, so Nissan certainly included a percentage of the price for themselves as middleman.

The deal fell through during negotiations and I walked out without buying the van, but the quote was $2000 for materials and labor.

Alma

Latest posts