Car camping the 2019 RTR

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Almost There said:
It's not the stability of the trailer that is restricting the recommended speed, it's the size of the tires. And there's no good way of putting larger tires on it.

Basically, like anything else, you get what you pay for - buy cheap and get a really disposable product that is going to perform poorly or pay a little more and get a decent product.

Hmmm, thanks. Maybe I need to take the shell, which I like, and put it on a more substantial trailer. What I do not want to do is haul a large trailer. I just want a little extra storage and did not want to put it on the roof.

I'm hoping some kind soul out there can help me.  I plan to come to both the WRTR and the RTR this year for the first time and will be camping in my 2013 CRV.  So far I have purchased a "camping bundle" which has a tent, sleeping bag and sleeping mat;  also some solar lights that Bob recently recommended.  

My BIGGEST concern right now is getting power to run my laptop and phone and maybe a few small other things.  I read some posts earlier in this forum suggesting things to buy, but my eyes started spinning and my hair started shooting out sparks.  :)  I'm wondering if some kind person could break it down for me with links to Amazon about exactly what I would need.  I'll probably purchase a Renology 100W solar panel which I hope can sit outside the car.  (If I enjoy this as much as I think I will, I'll get a better "rig" than my CRV once I learn more at RTR workshops, so I don't want to install anything permanently in my car.) 

Item 1 - Renology 100 W Solar Panel 

What are the items (with Amazon links) that I need to make this baby provide power inside my car.  (I got tangled up in the morass of discussions about cable lengths when i tried to follow earlier posting.)

Thank you, dear hearts, for ANY suggestions you might have (with links  :rolleyes: ).  This is pretty daunting for me to figure out.

... I will be arriving January 8th at the RTR in my 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4 x 4 V8 318 engine and camping in a Kodiak 10 x 10 Super deluxe VX tent.

Attachments

• jeep.jpg
    jeep.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 7
  • tent.jpg
    tent.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 5