Campgrounds don't accept truck campers

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maki2 said:
It is of course possible later on to change to a different camping set up if your purchase does not eork as you hoped it would. So don't spend a lot of time stressing out about the devision you msde.

Enjoy your adventures. Spending half  time in the Philipines sounds like a very interesting life.

Thanks, I've been to the Philippines 4X already. Beautiful country with friendly people and super low cost. I've been gone for so long and missed out on so much that I want to spend quality time here with family in Texas too. I feel I can make it work like I did in trucking so it's worth some inconvenience. I'm moving to a campground with power for the a/c as well as showers & bathrooms.

nature lover said:
I think their major problem is they don’t want those of us who shit in a bucket. I imagine they have facilities for tent campers to go potty. So why they’re prejudiced against you I don’t know. I think that they would except a truck camper, if it was a real camper not just a topper.  Again I’m just guessing. I have had problems with my van Being rejected.because I don’t have proper plumbing. That’s why Boondocking is the way to go for me, and paying for a site at one of these campgrounds is almost as much as buying a cheap hotel room. It’s the forest for me, and at friends places.

Long time outdoorsman here and new to the forum. I never heard of proper plumbing being a requirement for camping? Is it a west coast thing? 
I camp out of my 4Runner and though some states will jail you for sleeping in your car most of the campgrounds i have been on ether allow it or you just use a tent which i always carry for this reason or to hold my spot if i need to go out or they dont have a problem sleeping in a truck. 

Im wanting to do more camping out of my 4Runner (possibly out west) but these odd restrictions will require a lot more preparing before i go from place to place. I generally like to keep on the move since i love to drive. 

Trying to find a place for my Tacoma with a fiberglass utility shell. I have called a few places (not resorts) and have been told no to truck campers. My time at the rental place is almost over and I'm trying to find a place to stay. So far, my search for a small travel trailer has resulted in overpriced old junk. Any ideas? I'm in Texas in the Conroe/Spring area. Thanks
I would bring a tent and pitch it. Use it to store stuff you put outside. When it gets dark, sleep in the truck. It's NO ONE'S business where you sleep, you are still camping. Seems like the only way they could enforce this rule is to ban all pickups from entering the campground.