Cali dude who's new to the van thing, looking for tribe!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sadboyvanvibes

Reaction score
Hey all, new to the whole van life thing, started a few months before the Corona shut downs. Things have been difficult, but I've pulled through. I'm at a point where I'd like to find some friends to travel with and find random jobs on the road together. I'm a west coast boy and have never really left Cali, so I'd feel more comfortable staying near this side of the country for now but I'm open to adventure. 
I love hanging with every type of person but I guess I should put some of my interests here too. I listen to all types of music, love exploring all types of nature, do way too many dabs, will horribly play video games with you or even board games (also open to DnD), I watch way too much youtube and oh jeez I'm just a typical millennial into dumb memes and dorky stuff lmao. I'm also LGBT but I could care less if you are or are not, I love my heteros too haha. Hope to chat with some cool nomads soon, peace & love y'all.   :D

Welcome to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Hi, sadboyvanvibes! The best way to find friends is to go places where you like to be, for example, there are a lot of rock climbers that camp in Joshua Tree in the winter, and up here now near Bishop, CA (the Buttermilks on BLM and USFS land, Chalk Bluffs BLM.) Bob Wells said in a recent video that many of the posters here are senior citizens- nothing wrong with that, I’m almost one myself- so take that into consideration. I know I probably wouldn’t connect with a community through this website, partly because I’m looking to explore the nomad on water thing, but it still has a lot of good information. Finding a community partly means exploring! Good for you for searching for like-minded travelers, because the road is going to get very bumpy very soon and we all need all of the support we can find in each other!