CA, AZ, or NV Residency?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you can get the California parks pass for free if you are a senior as well...
Only good for day-use and not overnight stays but if it's free then save the $12-18 parking fee to
visit the beaches...
Ots free if your're disabled.

Mailing services are not accepted at Nevada DMV, as an address for a Driver's License. They maintain a list of those providers.

$300 plus electricity for the necessary to survive AirCon during the summer.

Late Fall and early Spring are the best times to stay in lower slower Nevada.
Mailing address is not for the DMV, the campground address is fine. The campground on 160 at Saddle West is $600 a month and that includes your electricity. You can probably find cheaper, especially if you are in a van. Go for Lakeside (they have a pool) or Preferred (pool) or become a member of Escapees and stay at Pair-o-Dice, a coop of Escapees.
As long as you have a way to cool off in the summer, you will be good. You might even be able to get into Wine Ridge RV Resort and rent a cabin for the month, just to get residency.

If you can survive the summer heat, then you can go anywhere. I’d rather have heat than cold.

But REALLY, where do you spend the most time? We found it was Nevada for us. We could jump in and out of CA, AZ, ID and Utah very easily and that was the biggest draw.

I know people that are using Ipostal1 online for a physical address in AZ. They have pla
ces everywhere to do include Yuma, Lake Havasu City and Flagstaff. $10 a month. They're located all over the country. Don't put PO box. Lot or unit instead works.
Mailing address is not for the DMV, the campground address is fine. The campground on 160 at Saddle West is $600 a month and that includes your electricity. You can probably find cheaper, especially if you are in a van. Go for Lakeside (they have a pool) or Preferred (pool) or become a member of Escapees and stay at Pair-o-Dice, a coop of Escapees.
As long as you have a way to cool off in the summer, you will be good. You might even be able to get into Wine Ridge RV Resort and rent a cabin for the month, just to get residency.

If you can survive the summer heat, then you can go anywhere. I’d rather have heat than cold.

But REALLY, where do you spend the most time? We found it was Nevada for us. We could jump in and out of CA, AZ, ID and Utah very easily and that was the biggest draw.