"Butterflies" is an understatement!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FibroWarrior

Reaction score
Hello gorgeous people!

I am freaking out a little! I just clicked the "buy it now" button on an RV.
My story: I'm married, live in Nebraska, and have a chronic pain disease, fibromyalgia, as well as a couple other health issues. Spring and summer aren't completely pleasant for me in Nebraska, but fall and winter are unbearable.

I've been watching Bob's videos and a few others for awhile, and a couple weeks ago I finally broached the subject of becoming an early "snow bird" to my husband. He knows how much I suffer, and he actually agreed with me. I lived in Phoenix when I was 8, and remember (even then) feeling better.
So, I used my backpay I've been saving from my disability case and bought a Class B+. Yes, I want simplicity, but I also need comfort, hence my vehicle choice.

The only thing I need now is the approval of 1 of the kitties I want to bring with me. lol He's honestly the biggest scaredy cat kitty I've ever heard of. I just hope he embraces the winter change.

I won't be joining camp until a little later because my sister's getting married in November.....IN WISCONSIN. [emoji24] I will for damn sure be ready for Arizona after that.

So, hello! I feel like I know a couple of you already just from Bob's videos! I look forward to sharing this awesome journey with you all. [emoji177][emoji178][emoji177]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome FW to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. hope to see you at RTR. highdesertranger

Welcome!

Hmm, November in Wisconsin? Bring your wool clothes!

Queen said:
Welcome!

Hmm, November in Wisconsin? Bring your wool clothes!

Haha, right? I loath winter!

Thanks so much for the welcome greeting!

FibroWarrior said:
Haha, right? I loath winter!

Thanks so much for the welcome greeting!

I hear you, I'm in Illinois, soon to be in FL, and after that roaming where there is no winter!

Welcome aboard !
We like pictures !
When you get some of that new rig post 'em up ;) .
Plenty of info already posted for you to check out and ask all the questions you can't find answers to. Lots of experience here in the tribe.

(I think I should start a "I Hate Cold Weather Club" there are LOTS of folks here that would join,,,,,,,,hmmmmmmm a penny apiece times................!!!)

rvpopeye said:
Welcome aboard !
We like pictures !
When you get some of that new rig post 'em up ;) .
Plenty of info already posted for you to check out and ask all the questions you can't find answers to. Lots of experience here in the tribe.

(I think I should start a "I Hate Cold Weather Club" there are LOTS of folks here that would join,,,,,,,,hmmmmmmm a penny apiece times................!!!)

I was a photographer before I got sick, so YES, there will be photos!!
"I Hate Cold Weather Club"...now those are people I can trust! [emoji23]

Aaaaaaaand just like that, the rug has been pulled from under my feet again.

I got this message at 3pm (my time-CST):
"This is Dan from Wyoming RV Brokers I sent you my number this morning so I could inform you that unfortunately the unit was sold off the lot by my son while O wasn't here I apologize for the Inconvienence."

REALLY?! smh
I don't know why I thought things would turn out any different for me.

FibroWarrior said:
Aaaaaaaand just like that, the rug has been pulled from under my feet again.
No worries...  there are many, many more !
They build them in factories.

As the season changes, more will come up for sale.
Good luck, wheels

Thank you so much. I really needed the encouragement. <3

Maybe that dealer will step up and help you find something else, seems only fair?

Welcome...I recently joined, too. Arizona is definitely good for your health. Glad you were able to get what you wanted.  See you soon, then.

Queen said:
Maybe that dealer will step up and help you find something else, seems only fair?

One would think or hope so, but I replied yesterday expressing how disappointed and heartbroken I was and have heard nothing back. If I don't hear anything, I'll move forward with eBay on my side as I "committed to buy." It still feels like it was suppose to be mine. I don't know. I'm scouring the internet again, hoping I find something. I'm even more eager now to get south since I thought I had a good vehicle.

The complex of conditions associated with Fibro is a very interesting topic. I bet we could find a small group at the RTR.

Welcome to the forum.

Sometimes things happen for a reason. My ex and I fell in love with a 21 ft travel trailer set up for a couple when we were looking. I poured over the specs, check multiple dealers even over 1000 miles away, looked for reviews, etc. The last time we went into the dealers it was late and they pushed us out the door at closing time. When we went back the next time they opened we were told they sold the last two of that unit after they had closed that night. I was ticked.

We ended up taking the next size up for less money and boy did I hear it. It was too big, it had bunks we didn't need, the bed was not a walk around was all I heard that first trip until it started raining. That's when it's too big went to it's too small and we should have bought one with a slide. Those bunks are invaluable for the storage they offer and no slide means no drafts and dirt when the wind howls. The extra length allows for a couch allows me up to seven visitors at a time, the smaller trailer just had a dinette. This one has a better lay out on the roof for solar, more capacity for cargo and even a bigger bathroom.

So in the end, not getting what we wanted originally was the best thing for us and especially me now that I am on the road. I hope it works out as well for you.

FibroWarrior said:
I am freaking out a little! I just clicked the "buy it now" button on an RV.
My story: I'm married, live in Nebraska, and have a chronic pain disease, fibromyalgia, as well as a couple other health issues. 

I've been watching Bob's videos and a few others for awhile

and bought a Class B+. 

be ready for Arizona after that.

I feel like I know a couple of you already just from Bob's videos! I look forward to sharing this awesome journey with you all. 
Hiya Warrior!  I found my RV on Ebay.  I'd been in physical therapy for a year for back issues (sciatica).  Funny how that sort of thing can get me thinking about what Really matters.  I'd been watching videos for awhile.  I bought a Class B.  I'm almost ready for Arizona and wish I was already there.  It's nice to feel the support at CRVL.  Did you see that one of Jim talking about cheap internet?  Lol.  Does the man just beam with joy or what?  Sometimes it's the things left unsaid.  Some people just get it!  Feel like we have a lot in common Warrior.  Hope to meet you out there when we have Finally arrived.  Best to you!

DLTooley said:
The complex of conditions associated with Fibro is a very interesting topic. I bet we could find a small group at the RTR.

Me too. I've met a couple fibro people on here already!

jimindenver said:
Welcome to the forum.

Sometimes things happen for a reason. My ex and I fell in love with a 21 ft travel trailer set up for a couple when we were looking. I poured over the specs, check multiple dealers even over 1000 miles away, looked for reviews, etc. The last time we went into the dealers it was late and they pushed us out the door at closing time. When we went back the next time they opened we were told they sold the last two of that unit after they had closed that night. I was ticked.

We ended up taking the next size up for less money and boy did I hear it. It was too big, it had bunks we didn't need, the bed was not a walk around was all I heard that first trip until it started raining. That's when it's too big went to it's too small and we should have bought one with a slide. Those bunks are invaluable for the storage they offer and no slide means no drafts and dirt when the wind howls. The extra length allows for a couch allows me up to seven visitors at a time, the smaller trailer just had a dinette. This one has a better lay out on the roof for solar, more capacity for cargo and even a bigger bathroom.

So in the end, not getting what we wanted originally was the best thing for us and especially me now that I am on the road. I hope it works out as well for you.

Yes, each vehicle has their gives and takes. I try to tell myself there was a good reason for the way it worked out. To be honest though, virtually *anything* I plan ever works out. I'm the queen of obstacles. lol

Thanks for the encouragement!

duckwonder said:
Hiya Warrior!  I found my RV on Ebay.  I'd been in physical therapy for a year for back issues (sciatica).  Funny how that sort of thing can get me thinking about what Really matters.  I'd been watching videos for awhile.  I bought a Class B.  I'm almost ready for Arizona and wish I was already there.  It's nice to feel the support at CRVL.  Did you see that one of Jim talking about cheap internet?  Lol.  Does the man just beam with joy or what?  Sometimes it's the things left unsaid.  Some people just get it!  Feel like we have a lot in common Warrior.  Hope to meet you out there when we have Finally arrived.  Best to you!

Yes, Jim is ADORABLE! Now if only I could figure any of that out! lol
Oh man, I can't wait for Arizona. Still haven't found a suitable vehicle in my price range, but I know something will surface. When are you planning on heading out? Do you still have pain?

Best to you, too!

FibroWarrior said:
Yes, Jim is ADORABLE! Now if only I could figure any of that out! lol
Oh man, I can't wait for Arizona. Still haven't found a suitable vehicle in my price range, but I know something will surface. When are you planning on heading out? Do you still have pain?

I agree, and Max too.  I know, right? I have a Weboost in a box, lol.  (Don't make it weird Jim, we all think you're cute, and I already have a friend.  :)

Finding a suitable vehicle in my price range was challenging, and the salesperson lied, so if I had it to do over again, I'd insist on having it checked out by Both 1. an independent mechanic and 2. an RV tech (if it's an RV and has RV parts) before buying the vehicle.  I'm ok, fortunately the other stuff I needed can be done eventually but the new generator hurt.  If it has a genny and an air conditioner, crank that baby on high and let it run awhile.  Check the batteries, all of them.  Make sure the propane's not leaking.  Check for any cracked seals on the roof.  Plan on new tires.  Just a few things I learned.  Something will surface for you, just be careful, and it will be great!

I'm planning on heading out as soon as humanly possible.  I'm getting some help to find my way through some minor repairs - and again, have found this site helpful.  Then I need to load and organize the van, a funny thing for me.  Then I swing by hardware store and find out how to use a propane tank with a Mr. Buddy and how all that propane stuff works.  I like to feel as though I'm not going to explode, lol.  Then I'm taking a friend from Louisiana to New Mexico, next stop, Arizona.  Hopefully by Nov 1st, which according to some, would be right on time.  

Yes, I still have pain but have worked through the most difficult time in physical therapy.  I still do exercises up to 3 times a day on my own.  On the maiden voyage with the van (getting it home from Oregon to Louisiana, EPIC), my back got stronger.  I was very careful, and a friend was with me.  Now my friend won't be with me going forward, and I think I will be ok on most things, but occasionally it's nice to hear Bob Wells talk about a "tribe."  Giving some thought about what I might be able to contribute.  Hope there is something.  

Keep us posted!