Boondocking/Overnight parking Bend and Redmond Oregon

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wandereagle1

Reaction score
Hello I am looking for a few places to boondock/overnight park with my truck camper in Bend and Redmond Oregon areas. Thanks for any and all feedback. Peace.

There are Walmarts in both Bend and Redmond.

Check a BLM map out. There is a lot of BLM land right outside of town near Bend. If you head north on Pilot Butte Rd off of Hwy 20, south of Bend, a few miles out you'll start seeing pull outs where you can get onto BLM land. At least that was the case when I was living in the area about 7 years ago. Used to go hunting out there. No promises on the condition or even meaningful existence of roads out there. Its high desert sage and juniper land. Very dry camping.

I recently stayed in one of the sno-parks on the road to Paulina Lake south of bend. I'm sure there are pleanty of other places to "dispersed" camp in the National Forest. (But not in the Newburry Volcanic National Monument run by the Forest Service.)

Thank you everybody for the replies......I am putting my plan together for candidates for parking/camping.

to the east of bend/redmond is blm. to the south some fs. to the west fs but you have to go past sisters. to the north is a very large indian res. lots of places to boodock on fs and blm. to the east past the town of alfalfa on highway 20 you get into the oregon outback, miles and miles of blm not much else till Idaho or if you go south reno. my brother-in-law and sister live about 20 mils outside of bend on powell butte rd. I have spent a lot of time up there. btw I have driven off road almost the whole way from reno to bend highdesertranger

highdesertranger said:
to the east of bend/redmond is blm. to the south some fs. to the west fs but you have to go past sisters. to the north is a very large indian res. lots of places to boodock on fs and blm. to the east past the town of alfalfa on highway 20 you get into the oregon outback, miles and miles of blm not much else till Idaho or if you go south reno. my brother-in-law and sister live about 20 mils outside of bend on powell butte rd. I have spent a lot of time up there. btw I have driven off road almost the whole way from reno to bend highdesertranger

Cool! Thanks for the tips. I wasn't aware that there was that much BLM land within a short drive to Bend. Take care and safe travels.

highdesertranger said:
btw I have driven off road almost the whole way from reno to bend highdesertranger

Did you take the route that the guy took in 1903 on the first cross-country trip by car?

no I missed that one and I realized after I posted that I should have said from lovelock to bend but I figured not that many people have ever heard of lovelock. 1st we hit the gold placer area north of lovelock, then we were on the Oregon trail for awhile. then shot up to the sunstone area. then over to an area with banded obsidian. then one of the back ways into alfalfa. highdesertranger

Hope your stay was GREAT!

Lots n Lots of BLM around there.

I stayed overnight at the crooked river bridge wayside
Peter Skene Ogden rest area
just north of Terrebonne
44.392807, -121.191917

smith rock area kicks too.

or, you could stay with my ex-wife. It seems the sl*t will allow anyone to sleep over. But watch out, that is how she got herpes