Bolting down furniture

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually car seat easier than rigging one for bigger people. Stable platform for it to sit on and solid anchoring point at the right angles boom you're done.

Of course getting legal for hardass cops or insurance purposes is an entirely different matter.

John41CT, quote: "...getting legal..." end quote.
That is it exactly. I'm not sure about placing my son in the passenger seat in his chair. I would have to disable the passenger air bag which in turn could complicate my insurance. So many things to check into before we head out.

Or you do your best to ensure they're safe as possible, to **your** level of comfort and responsibility, and roll the dice.

Trying to eliminate all risks in life, takes all the life out of life.

99.99% of cops won't worry about it.

If the insurance doesn't pay out, you live with the consequences.

Walk into the Cop Shop and ask for advice about car seats.  They may not know How, but they may know Who.

If you're drilling into the floor, make SURE you know where the drill bit is going.  Like NOT into the gas tank.

Bob had a couple of recent videos of the build of his new van.  They anchored some panels to the wall (ribs, I think) and then anchored other things to them.  I think this is one: 

Also keep in mind that when you have quite a bit of building in the van, the stuff that is moveable isn't going to move as much, due to not having a clear path.

eoewan said:
John41CT, quote: "...getting legal..." end quote.
That is it exactly. I'm not sure about placing my son in the passenger seat in his chair. I would have to disable the passenger air bag which in turn could complicate my insurance. So many things to check into before we head out.
I am not a CPST, but I work with children regularly and have friends who are. If you didn't know, they make seats that are passenger/front crash tested and approved. They are more expensive, but at least you know that in crash tests they will keep your precious one alive and so they will do the same in crash reality (rather than just hoping any old seat will).

Contact your local CPSTech (not all cops are, not all firefighters are, not all obstetrics nurses are, you have to ask for the CPST certification specifically) and they can guide you through your options.

Good luck!

Sent from my SGH-I337 using Tapatalk