Black Bean Salad

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spirituallifetime

Reaction score
<p>Black bean salad<br>This is an easy meal to fix on the road. <br><br>1 can of black beans<br>1 can of corn<br>1 tomato diced (a tomato should keep a day or two without a cooler)<br>&nbsp;&nbsp; celery can be used in place of the tomato<br><br>Mix in a bowl and your done</p>

Add some water and spices and you have a nice soup. &nbsp;Instead of a fresh tomato for soup, I use a can of diced tomatoes that have some flavor and spices already in the can.

<span id="post_message_1277663233">Add some water and spices and you have a nice soup. &nbsp;Instead of a fresh tomato for soup, I use a can of diced tomatoes that have some flavor and spices already in the can.</span>
<br><br>I didn't think of that, sounds good. I'm mostly in a semi truck and don't have room for a stove so I have many meals that&nbsp;don't have to be cooked.

I have even had that kind of soup cold. &nbsp;When I traveled with just a conversion van, I had a 12 volt plug in immersion heater that would boil nicely once I was a half hour down the road. &nbsp;I also used a small cook top that screwed onto a 1lb propane bottle that heated nicely at a rest stop. &nbsp;But I too am moving towards things I can eat without cooking at all. &nbsp;And with no refrigeration, so much the better (think tortillas, peanut butter and jelly; or just opening a can of ranch beans and go at it.)

substitute diced canned or fresh potato for the corn. interesting change.&nbsp;

Latest posts