Best sleep ever!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Calibound

Reaction score
I've slept in the van a couple times already but last night I decided to drive from our house to close to work at a Walmart since I have to be there early in the morning. Anyway I opened the vent and turned on the fan to blow in cool air. The vent fan is hooked up to a marine deep cycle battery that is hooked up to a 50w solar pable. I opened the small slider windows and boy that was the best sleep I've had in years. Now I only have a 10min drive to work instead of 50 min. Hopefully I can do this full-time next year after I graduate.

I know how you feel. I have a mini van that I am converting into my little weekend adventure van (not full timing...yet). I built the bed/couch platform so it's ready to sleep. I still have a lot of little odds and ends to do to make it more camping ready (like black out curtains and other details) but I do camp in it. A few weeks ago I was going to stay with my sister down by the Galveston area in Texas. She lives just a couple of blocks from the bay. When I arrived she showed me her spare room she set up for me. They mounted a new TV on the wall and she was like..."Look I cleaned all the sheets and it's all ready for you to be comfortable." I told her that's nice, but I'll be sleeping in my van on your driveway. She was like "WHAT?!?!?" I took her outside and showed her my little setup. When her husband got home from work that evening she was like..."Can you believe he is going to sleep in his van on our driveway!!". I took him outside to also show him my setup. After he saw it, he was like..."That's cool! I'd sleep in it too!"

So anyway for the four days I was there I slept in my van. The weather was absolutely perfect! Mid 70's during the days to the high 50's at night. I had a super comfy little bed with memory foam and it was perfect weather for a light sleeping bag. I had my side windows in the back cracked open and I could feel the nice breeze at night. In the mornings I could smell the salt air with the sounds of seagulls and ships passing by in the background. That was some of the best sleep I have had in a long time!!

Weather was perfect and no noise since I was parked in the very back of walmart. Also I have the blackout curtains so the lights don't bother me. Last thing I need to do is mount the 255w solar panel and 2 6v Trojan batteries for the 12v fridge/freezer and 32" led tv then life will be perfect.

Another perfect weather night last night at walmart. Man I haven't felt this refreshed in years. I don't work tomorrow so I will be headed back home to sleep in the house after work tonight. Not sure if I want to go back. I would rather just stay in the van until I work again which would be until Monday. Should I just stay in the van? But I miss my dog. I would bring him to work but it is still pretty hot here in the day in Florida. God I can't wait to go out west next summer. Anyway, just wanted to give everyone an update on night 2.

Latest posts