Best of RTR 2017

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vagabound

Reaction score
Hi all,

I know there's been a gazillion posts about the RTR. In any case, I hope to highlight this sub-topic, so I made a new thread.

There were many different experiences and people and activities at the RTR. It was my first, and even though I got there in the middle, I still felt it was a worthwhile experience. And while there were many people who helped out and did things, there are probably a few people or occurrences that deserve to be highlighted.  If you have anything like that to share, please add it.

----------

My item to mention is a person, known in the forum as "jimindenver". I had the distinct pleasure I'll boondocking right next to Jim. I would feel really negligent if I didn't mention the fact that he was unbelievably friendly, helpful, and giving. I saw him spend so much time with a wide variety of people explaining internet access on the road and solar cooking. Both of those well beyond any public talk that he gave. In addition to that, he gave away items at the free math or one on one that were very nice and sorely needed by a number of people. Finally, I saw jim on a couple of occasions during bad weather, come out of this nice warm trailer bundled up, just to go around the RTR area and check on people to make sure they're okay.

In my opinion, it is exactly people like Jim that I hope to meet when I joined this group and drove all the way to the RTR. An excellent example of true community. I hope you participates for a long time online and in-person at our events.

My hat is truly off to you, Jim. Fantastic example.

Tom

Latest posts