Best area in US to find a used van

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bLEEp

Reaction score
Are there certain regions or states that have a wider variety or known for higher quality vehicles?  I know to stay away from salty states.  If we find something we really like and want we are willing to travel to grab it.
:D
Thank you in advance
Mr and Mrs bLEEp

Great question I had good luck in Florida I was wondering where out west might be good good luck to u

I'd say the southwest. You can drive around and see beautiful old vehicles still in great shape. No rust. Little to no chance of flood damage.

I've shopped in both AZ and NV. California is going to be more expensive. No experience in NM. TX - I'd be watching for flood damage.

The biggest problem with shopping in the SW is going to be the distances you'll need to travel

Even though there is relatively little water damage done to vehicles in AZ, water-damaged vehicles are probably shipped here to be sold. DO be careful when you look, when you buy.

I agree with Cindy. The SW. Definitely avoid the NW, for rain and prices.

Many many thank yous!
Me and Mrs bLEEp

I would agree with the south west. but still look it over close. highdesertranger

How can a prospective buyer determine if a vehicle has been in a flood? Or a fire for that matter?