Belated introduction from Florida

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nwprimo

Reaction score
Howdy everyone. My name is nick. I'm 21and I've been a part time van dweller for almost two years ( about 65% of the time.) I'm working on an apprenticeship to be a power lineman which requires that I be anywhere within the 7 States of the southeast at the drop of a hat.
I've been reading and posting on the crvl forms for about 3 months now and I have to say it is exactly the site I have been looking for after religiously browsint the internet for van ideas or likeminded people.
When I was about 8 or 10 years old I rode in my aunts conversion van for the first time, found out it had a folding bed and fell in love. Later on when I learned what an inverter was a light bulb went off and owning a van of my own has been a dream ever since. I bought my 97 dodge right after highschool wit the money u made washing dishes at a local resteraunt and converted it starting about a year later little by little out of necessity and excitement until its now become practically my house on wheels. ( I have a detailed post about my rig on here if y'all feel like having a look)
The little town of Homosassa fl is where I call home,
I've got 2 dogs a fiancé and a house that I hardly see enough of. One day if I can ever afford a nice travel trailer theyl come with me.but that's my dream not hers.
Currently I'm working in Crestview fl and home on the weekends ( about a 6 hour drive). I've stayed in state parks, and campgrounds but if the weather is nice like it has been lately I've been showering at truck stops and sleeping in the yards behind electrical substations near where I go to work.

Vandwlling has and is going to be a big part of my life for as long as I can imagine. I've been a " van dweller" since before I knew it was even a word. The freedom is incredible.

I could type more but I guess I'm done for now lol. Thank you all for reading this. I look forward to chatting in the future.

NW Primo,

I'm really impressed that you had such a clear-eyed picture of what you wanted, then launched into an apprenticeship and van dwelling straight out of high school. It also makes me smile since my dad worked as a lineman in many states for quite a few years in the 70's and 80's. When he and my stepmom stopped by, my young daughter would get up as early as she could to be in their little travel trailer with her grandma.

I'm not even close to living in the rig I bought last winter, so even more impressed.

Did I miss your post of the pictures?

Welcome to the CRVL forums! You're probably already familiar with ins and outs of these forums, But just in case this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

What an awesome intro!! Very impressed with what you have accomplished at a young age and find happiness with it. Best you! :)

helinwheels said:
NW Primo,

I'm really impressed that you had such a clear-eyed picture of what you wanted, then launched into an apprenticeship and van dwelling straight out of high school. It also makes me smile since my dad worked as a lineman in many states for quite a few years in the 70's and 80's. When he and my stepmom stopped by, my young daughter would get up as early as she could to be in their little travel trailer with her grandma.

I'm not even close to living in the rig I bought last winter, so even more impressed.

Did I miss your post of the pictures?

Thank you :) I would call it more of a blessing than a plan. Vandwelling is just the most practical and enjoyable way to handle bring in so many places so speratically. If you've got an idea of what you want its just one step at a time. Apply that to your rig and apply it to your life. I don't know how to copy and paste on my phone but I have a post titled 97 dodge high top with pics and a description of my van. You can click on my profile to find it.

Thanks again for the input, and sorry for taking so long to get back with you

I just looked at your post about your 97 dodge high top. Nice. I like all the storage in the high top too. Hopefully by now you've gotten some opinions on what it's worth from people who would know.