Beating the Heat!,,,,And Cold??

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonerglide

Reaction score
<p style="margin: 0px;">im A newbie,,,sort of!,,ive lived in Rvs alot while chasing work after the storms,,Andrew,katrina,rita etc so have plenty of experence of living in RV's but not fulltime an moving to stay with decent weather,,,Im in Ok as a home base an hate the cold winters here,,,,oh!,,and hate the terriable heat here too!!,,lol,,</p><p style="margin: 0px;">I know alot of people go out west durning winter but i perfer the gulf coast during winter so my question is where to go to beat the heat from the smokies,,east?,,, I plan to spend some time in Colorado getting up in elevation but does anybody else have any locations east of Co to get out of the 100 degree temps durning summer with keeping boondocking in mind???</p><p style="margin: 0px;">Im leaving on my first extended trip of 2months this spring so ill b looking for cooler places right off the bat,,Thx!,,and B safe!!</p>

Elevation is the key to beating the heat. I'm a snowbird, I'm in the National Forests in the summer, and the desert in the winter. However, spring and fall can be tough. Last May 10th I left the Nevada desert where it was well into the 90s and went to 6000 feet in the Sierra NF. Day after I arrived it snowed a foot and&nbsp; the temps were in the 20s. The shoulder seasons (spring/fall) are always risky for bad (hot or cold) weather. <br><br>Here are 30 tips on how to beat the heat in a van:<br>http://cheapgreenrvliving.com/365_July.html<br><br>I haven't written the tips on How to Beat the Cold yet, but will very soon. Bob<br><br>

northern Maine, NH, Vermont, and NY are pretty good in the hot months, especially around the wooded lakes regions.<br>Bring mosquito netting.<br><br>

Curious...where in SWFL can you safely park that you don't have to pay for it, or aren't going to get harassed by people/store owners/cops/criminals?<br>

<P>
<B><FONT size=1>the right of way is not private property or public property by definition....<BR></FONT></B>&nbsp;<BR><B><FONT size=1>parking violations in "right of way areas" are policed by the zoning department....</FONT></B><BR><B><FONT size=1></FONT></B>&nbsp;
<BR><BR>Curious. In Ohio, right of ways [alongside roadways] are part of the of the 'road'. Traffic laws enforced by the police. Once past the right of way, you're on the property of another, whether public or private.<BR></P><P>Colorado is one of our favorite areas as well. We enjoy the Salida area and surrounding mountains.<BR></P>

Latest posts