Battery prices

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigskybob

Reaction score
Battery prices are dropping.I bought a 122 ah rv/marine battery for my pontoon at Walmart for $81 yesterday.

Yay! I need to replace mine someday soonish.

bigskybob said:
Battery prices are dropping.I bought a 122 ah rv/marine battery for my pontoon at Walmart for $81 yesterday.

Can you post the size and type? What I mean is 27DC 29DC etc. And is it a true deep cycle or a hybrid starting/trolling battery? My local walmart has 29DC trolling batteries rated @125AH for $86 I havent seen the 122AH batteries as far as I can recall.

XERTYX said:
And is it a true deep cycle or a hybrid starting/trolling battery?

Except for Chinese-made Universal, I haven't seen a true deep cycle in the 122Ah range for less than $200. But hybrids work just fine for some people's needs.

All I know about it is that it was an Everstart 12volt 122ah.I sold the boat which is why I had to buy a new battery.

Yeah that's true. It's what I will be using regardless. I'd love to have lithium but not in this lifetime. Or at least not until they come out with a new new new technology and lithiums are also $80

I have seven of the Universal UPG121000, three in my van (2 1/2 years old) and four (1 1/2 years old) in the trailer. No hiccups, no problems so far, even though they've spent a large amount of time in 120F+ heat in the AZ and NM summers. I got the AGM because they are inside. I bought the cheap ones because I assumed that I, like many newbies, would commit batterycide.

But, I do have 1 1/2 times solar watts per ah of battery and have only been in the southern US. Would I buy 'em again? Yep.
Ted

I sold the boat.Now I need to get the septic tank in the ground and I can put the place on the market.We are wanting to be on the road again.

bigskybob said:

I've had good luck with this battery, it was $86 at Walmart last week & a couple of years back when I bought two.

battery label.jpg

Attachments

• battery label.jpg
    battery label.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 19
becida said:
I've had good luck with this battery, it was $86 at Walmart last week & a couple of years back when I bought two.

Thats the very one yup. I havent looked in store recently but their website claims its 125AH now. I have seen them at 120, 125, 100, 122 now and I believe I saw one at 108AH. I wonder who manufactures the everstart batteries for walmart? The lowest bidder I'd imagine.

bigskybob said:
All I know about it is that it was an Everstart 12volt 122ah.I sold the boat which is why I had to buy a new battery.

Oh I didnt see the post about putting the place on the market. That's great. I'm envious. I'm a little stuck at the moment. My dream is to buy a tract of land in AZ or AL and build a home base first. Then travel. If I dont get my head out of my arse though that dream may slip away.

XERTYX said:
Thats the very one yup. I havent looked in store recently but their website claims its 125AH now. I have seen them at 120, 125, 100, 122 now and I believe I saw one at 108AH. I wonder who manufactures the everstart batteries for walmart? The lowest bidder I'd imagine.

I took that picture at the Scottsboro Alabama Walmart, April 16th, 2 weeks back?  Same price & amp hour as the ones I bought in Portland Oregon a few years back.

Hmm. That's weird. I'm in north Georgia and there are quite a few lakes and weekend sailors as well as luxury houseboats that probably cost more than I'd earn in a lifetime. So maybe there is a mfg that's cheaper around here and they source them from those guys. Slap an everstart sticker on it and sell it. Oddly enough over the past few years I've noticed the prices at Wally world for the same battery varying by as much as $20 depending on how close the store is to lake Lanier. The last 120AH battery I saw looked massive and I'm not sure what group size it was but it was $119. The same battery at another Wally world was $99

Maybe WalMart is using demand pricing like Uber does.