Bad day 4 someone

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DannyB1954

Reaction score
I am rethinking my choice of building materials including insulation.
Few things will burn as quick as an RV.
I took the pic from far away so as not to be part of the problem.

Attachments

• RvFire2.jpg
    RvFire2.jpg
    636.9 KB
  • RvFire.jpg
    RvFire.jpg
    425.2 KB
Those poor people, losing their place like that. Hope everyone is okay.

What a bummer. If you got your life, then all is well. Still a major set back.

Unfortunately that scenario is all too common with RVs.   Didn't DecoDancer have her rig go up like that?  I truly feel sorry for anyone who has lived through that experience, and even sorrier for those who don't live through it.

Proper layout of the systems, careful maintenance, and exercising caution in your daily affairs will go a long way preventing that from happening to you.

My class A burned on the side of the road in Newburg NY in '08 , no ins. , still working my way back from the loss...(it only took me 14 years to completely restore it. )
I'm sure they are having a bad day , especially if it was their only home ! BTDT

rvpopeye said:
My class A burned on the side of the road in Newburg NY in '08  , no ins. , still working my way back from the loss...(it only took me 14 years to completely restore it. )
I'm sure they are having a bad day , especially if it was their only home ! BTDT

That's rough. How'd it catch fire?

The tow truck people gave me less than an hour....then it was gone.
A: I could have poked around under the hood where it started trying to figure it out.
B: I could get stuff that was minimal damaged out.
I chose B !
Still left plenty behind..................

So in other words it was something mechanical and not a kitchen fire or etc. B sounds like a better choice than A.

Yup
The pisser of the whole experience was I had several fire extinguishers including a Halon.
A cop showed up and wouldn't let me put it out !
Which the Halon would have done in a hurry.
Aarrrrrgggghhhhh !

mayble said:
RV junkyard?

The guy on the left did not appear to be happy. At one point a fireman ran him off. The fireman pointed him away from the scene like go to your room.
I don't know if he is taking a picture, but it almost looks like he is giving someone the thumbs up.
This is in Pahrump Nv. No building restrictions for many years made it so a nice house could be right next door to this.
I tried to google it, but the only interesting thing I got was a story about the Fire Chief giving overtime to one of his men so he could go over to the guys house and have fun with his wife. Like I said, this is Pahrump.

Attachments

• rvfire3.jpg
    rvfire3.jpg
    702.5 KB
I only wondered because it seems the rig on fire is the only one with wheels under it.

mayble said:
I only wondered because it seems the rig on fire is the only one with wheels under it.

I was thinking the same thing.  Several years ago I used to drive down a street every day where there was a large Class C parked by the road with a For Sale sign on it.  It was For Sale for about a year.  One morning it was a burned out hulk.  Makes one wonder...

I blew up the photo and it appears to be a phone camera the guy on the left is holding. I have not paid attention to this property in the past, so it's anybodies guess what happened except it went up real quick.

mayble said:
RV junkyard?

Sure looks like it. None of those other trailers are level or blocked. It looks like there is a pontoon boat pitched down a hill. My guess would be kids or vandals messing around.

It looks like a bad neighbourhood , everybodys wheels are missing.

Latest posts