Back and finally got started on van build

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunnyslife

Reaction score
I have missed the forums the last couple of months but I had a major health set-back. With the grace of God, I am back to as near healthy as I can be right now.

I finally started my build of the mini van - got the new floor cut out and laid in and the rear wall cut. Here is my problem/question: before I put the rear wall in I have to insulate the two side, rear windows...I have Reflectix, sheets of foam insulation, and white Merilite paneling to cover...I hate heat of any kind so I am thinking the foil side of the Reflectix facing the glass, a couple of 1" wide strips of the foam, and then the paneling, (the foam to keep air space open).

Will this work for me?

Barbara

50 views and no answer later, I got my answer when I unrolled my Reflectix - it is foiled on both sides so it doesn't matter which side goes against the glass - LOL :s - thank you all anyway ;)

Barbara

sunnyslife said:
50 views and no answer later, I got my answer when I unrolled my Reflectix - it is foiled on both sides so it doesn't matter which side goes against the glass - LOL  :s  - thank you all anyway ;)

Barbara

I just saw your post since I have been working so late to the party ::(your right either side will be fine. Good luck and lets us know how it goes. 

Mike R

MikeRuth said:
I just saw your post since I have been working so late to the party ::(your right either side will be fine. Good luck and lets us know how it goes. 

Mike R

Thank you Mike. It is going to be a slow process for me now and I am not going to make it to the RTR get together in January but, it will give me that opportunity to boondock in the NE and really build up my funds for 2017.
Anyway, back wall and real windows got done today as well as the lumber is cut for the bed frame. Tomorrow I will be pushing to get the new carpet laid and the bed installed.

Have a great evening.

Barbara

WOW...moving right along with the build!

That and renewed health...Good for YOU!!! :D

(don't forget our pictures, Hun!) :)

Patrick46 said:
WOW...moving right along with the build!

That and renewed health...Good for YOU!!! :D

(don't forget our pictures, Hun!)  :)

I will post them as soon as I get the bed and fold out table done.

Would love to see some pics and hear your opinion on how well the insulation you used works out. I am getting ready to insulate soon and am exploring my options. Good luck!

I look forward to seeing pics and hearing adventures about your build. Sassy