Avatar's. I see pets,roads,indian flute player,selfie,etc.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blmkid

Reaction score
Curious to what was the reason behind your Avatar. A selfie at a certain scenic secret campsite? A favorite pet? A memory? An old friend from the past? RV's, Slide-in Camper Truck's, a Sunset, A Sunrise.....So many different one's.

And while you recall that vivid memory, and tell the tale, a beautiful song by the Late Johnny Paycheck , 5/31/1938 - 2/19/2003. Johnny lived to be only 64 years old.  R.I.P. Mr. Paycheck.

" Like An Old Violin " - released in 1992. 

channel - Jonathan Cazelot

( BTW, I did a search for keyword " Avatar " in threads, for past 12 months activity and at least 20 post's.  No thread showed up. So if it's been done, feel free to delete this thread. I don't have thin skin.)

I sit upon the Iron Throne of the Seven Kingdoms. :)

(Yes, that is me. Yes, I made all the armor myself--that chainmail contains around 20,000 individual rings, all made from ordinary galvanized iron wire. Took me months.)

My avatar is my dog known across the internet as Max the wonder puppy. He is the reason I get up every morning, has me walking farther every day than I have been able to in years and keeps me grounded. He is also a chick magnet for all the good it does me. lol

I am the living embodiment of Kokopelli ! (Read the legends)

I always wonder who it is that is typing away on the other side of these conversations, so my choice is to put up myself as the Avatar of choice. For me, it helps break down some of the barriers that nonverbal communication can raise.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

My house on wheels is my avatar. I suppose I could be more creative, but I am a TT dweller and I used a picture of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lenny flank said:
I sit upon the Iron Throne of the Seven Kingdoms.  :)

(Yes, that is me. Yes, I made all the armor myself--that chainmail contains around 20,000 individual rings, all made from ordinary galvanized iron wire. Took me months.)

GET OUTA HERE, WE WILL NEED PICS I am not shouting labor of love,

How about a video instead? (I used that chainmail as a costume in one of my sci-fi fan films):

Yes, I shot that film wearing 30 pounds of metal. :)

Lenny, cool video! What about the throne?

My avatar is one I made many years ago when we had a huge local HHR car club!
It is of our Majestic Amethyst (purple) wonder ride. We sold it a few years back...

We live in Gallatin, my name in Dan B.... So galladanb
That's my story an I'm sticking to it! Lol!

The throne is photoshopped. :)

(Well, technically, it was greenscreened, and then photoshopped.)

Mine is me and my dog Taz, on a hike we did about 8 years ago,  from Guanella Pass to Mt Evans.   One of my best memories of Taz. He went Home this summer due to  a bit of cancerous tumor on one of his legs.   Telling the story makes me sad, but  seeing that picture makes me remember all the fun we had. 

Regards, 

Pat

Mine is a reminder I was younger once and in a gorgeous place with as good a friend as I could ever hope to have. He is also gone now, but he took a piece of my heart with him. I look forward to the day when I see him again.

lenny flank said:
I sit upon the Iron Throne of the Seven Kingdoms.  :)

Okay. Cool. Had to google it. Game of Thrones. I dropped cable couple years ago. Haven't watched, but has a large following. Your avatar looked like a feather headdress a great North American Indian Chief would wear to me. Thank's for the enlightenment.

jimindenver said:
My avatar is my dog known across the internet as Max the wonder puppy. He is the reason I get up every morning, has me walking farther every day than I have been able to in years and keeps me grounded. He is also a chick magnet for all the good it does me. lol
Max. Yes, I've seen Max in some of the YouTube videos. Max is a pretty big star. Thanks for sharing, Jim.

rvpopeye said:
I am the living embodiment of Kokopelli ! (Read the legends)
Kokopelli_1.jpg
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Kokopelli_1.jpg

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, helv, sans-serif][font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Kokopelli play for me,
So my heart may sing,
Magic flute of mystery,
Fruitful dreams you bring.
Song of Aztlan,
Fertile Fire,
Canyons of my mind,
Sacred union,
Heart to heart,
Speaks of the Divine.[/font][/font]

http://www.indigenouspeople.net/kokopelli.htm

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, helv, sans-serif][font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]rvpopeye,Wow. The kind of History I like. I read "The Teachings of Don Juan" years ago. Also "The Moth of Knowledge". I found them fascinating. Were they true? I hope so. I believed they were. I believe.[/font][/font]

Attachments

• Kokopelli_1.jpg
    Kokopelli_1.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 7
VagaboundSusan said:
I always wonder who it is that is typing away on the other side of these conversations, so my choice is to put up myself as the Avatar of choice. For me, it helps break down some of the barriers that nonverbal communication can raise.

I always like checking out the photo's at the Post Office. j/k. Thank you.

Blanch said:
My house on wheels is my avatar. I suppose I could be more creative, but I am a TT dweller and I used a picture of it.

Nice looking TT. Look's like a nice secluded spot on some BLM land. 

pnolans said:
Mine is me and my dog Taz, on a hike we did about 8 years ago,  from Guanella Pass to Mt Evans.   One of my best memories of Taz. He went Home this summer due to  a bit of cancerous tumor on one of his legs.   Telling the story makes me sad, but  seeing that picture makes me remember all the fun we had. 
Taz look's the happiest in that photo. Having a memory like that never fades away. Can't help but think of this song. I'm a big fan of Willie, also.

[font=Roboto, Arial, sans-serif] " So sit down beside me and tell me your story "[/font]

[font=Roboto, Arial, sans-serif]channel - gduwen[/font]