automated trucking

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always loved the putting on makeup ones and yes I have seen a newspaper or book.

The scariest driving I've ever seen was a lady driving with a year-old baby standing between her and the steering wheel.

No seatbelt of course.

It seems hijacking the cargo would be easy. Stop a vehicle in front of it, drop the trailer. Let the truck drive away without the box.

@DannyB

I'm sure those are outfitted with anti hijak security and would run right over your rig.

-crofter

During trials they will have a human on board for sure. Whether they are awake or not is another story.

crofter said:
@DannyB

I'm sure those are outfitted with anti hijak security and would run right over your rig.

-crofter
They will be programmed not to run into things. The truck will not know why something stopped in front of it. It will just know to stop to prevent a collision. Can you imagine what law suits there would be if they were programed to run things over?

gsfish said:
They should require a deadman switch like on a locomotive.
From topmeaning.com: "A switch that automatically stops a machine or vehicle after a set period of inactivity from the operator."

Guy
My laptop has one of those, keeps me out of tons of train wrecks when surfing the net.   crofter