Anyone want to be loved?...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roadtramp

Reaction score
4e85d8014913d61bda7ae4325014af78.jpg

:D :D You come cheap! :D :D :p

If the coffee is hot and the weather is not, I will welcome and even appreciate you. I will even hold the coffee in my cold hands till IT"S cooling. Then you can have it back!
I'd prefer a hot cup of unsweetened cocoa, with a tsp of vanilla flavoring and real cream.
That'll probably get you a smile and some conversation... ;)

I cannot escape these conference calls. But if want to stop by and have a cup or 2 I'm in the Damon Hornet right by the road one exit over

I also like my coffee sweet and with a tan...

Almond milk, hemp milk, other nondairy milk (tho no soy or nondairy "creamer")...and stevia...

Cheap yes...easy - no....[emoji4]

I am...in the casita with the solar awning...

I'll make it easy on people and have my own stevia and alternative milk...

And I'll give free hugs...

;)....

I read where the perfect woman was one that brought you a beer and scratched your back! Warren

I guess some would think that's the perfect woman...

If you don't ask, you don't get...

Even if you ask, you stand a 50/50 chance of not getting...

Don't ask, 100% chance you won't get...

Roadtramp said:
I am...in the casita with the solar awning...

I'll make it easy on people and have my own stevia and alternative milk...

And I'll give free hugs...

;)....

Solar awning? Care to show that?

Oh that's neat. Can you raise it way up and adjust to maximize? I always thought that the roll up awnings would be neat made out of a flexible thin solar fabric

I can raise it further, yes...I was told tho, this is optimal angle...

You've a great idea with the flexible fabric...

Cammalu said:
Oh that's neat. Can you raise it way up and adjust to maximize?  I always thought that the roll up awnings would be neat made out of a flexible thin solar fabric

The flexible panels are more semi-flexible than truly flexible. Definitely not flexible enough to roll up on a standard awning. Flexible panels are subject to micro cracks more so than rigid panels, so, generally speaking, they need to be kept relatively straight.

Still a great idea. Those thin film pv panels are very light and thin which makes them easy to handle and mount/dismount.

And the coffee is delicious!....thank you!....it did my heart so good....what a fabulous surprise!...

Cammalu,  I like your solar roll up awning idea too.   I think you have a real vision for the future with that.  Especially if it were decorated in a way so it would be stealthy.  The graphics designers among us could probably
help with that.

Just imagine an 8 X 10 photo voltaic panel that also provides shade ?  Then can be rolled up into a 6" X 10.6" tube mounted to the exterior at roof's edge.   That's a design that could serve Vandwelling people's needs.

The structure for such awnings already exist.  It is just a matter of the awning material and connection for the controller. (I would imagine that would be best located by the Vehicle to go directly to the battery bank)

It is an interesting thought. :)

eDJ_ said:
Cammalu,  I like your solar roll up awning idea too.   I think you have a real vision for the future with that.  Especially if it were decorated in a way so it would be stealthy.  The graphics designers among us could probably
help with that.

Just imagine an 8 X 10 photo voltaic panel that also provides shade ?  Then can be rolled up into a 6" X 10.6" tube mounted to the exterior at roof's edge.   That's a design that could serve Vandwelling people's needs.

The structure for such awnings already exist.  It is just a matter of the awning material and connection for the controller. (I would imagine that would be best located by the Vehicle to go directly to the battery bank)

It is an interesting thought. :)

I recently saw these ultra thin panels and thought maybe these could be used

http://materia.nl/article/innovatio...il&utm_term=0_8794d00bd4-9f200b2193-303173121

74920d54bd7c3666fe99c8dbccdaf6e9.jpg