Anyone have Rear Door with Fiberglass Topper?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would be perfect! So I guess you remove the stock tailgate and the whole thing is part of the topper. Looks expensive. I'd love to figure a way to make something like this using my Snugtop Sport Hi-Liner. Not likely. 

if you find a way let me know. I'm feeling my age going over the tailgate. but right now I have a great view in a uncrowded campsite. so it makes it easier. now if I can only find a job...

<p>I can climb over the tailgate, but I feel it draws attention. Also, there's no opening window on the shell between the truck cab and the shell. <br>I think for the back end, maybe drop the tailgate, remove the back shell window and build out a "wall" with a door. It could be made to look nice, paint it to match. With the added space of keeping the tailgate, you could add some light weight storage there too. And as far as the access between the truck cab and the shell, the shell window comes out from the inside, so I wouldn't have to remove the shell to get at it. Plywood maybe, with plexi slider? Or just say to heck with it and get a truck camper. What I like about the shell though is how light it is. And the stealth factor.</p><p>&nbsp;</p>

Here's my Leer shell with rear doors. Lot easier to get in and out with no tailgate to crawl over.