Anyone actually LIVE at a campground?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Before my car became terminal I stayed at NM State Parks. They have a 14 day limit, but many parks are located close to each other, so people just switch off between them. Sometimes (winter) if it is slow the rangers don't care and let you stay longer. In the Eastern Sierra there are BLM LTVA campgrounds where you can stay from May 1st through Oct. 31st. I don't know what they charge now, it used to be $300 for a permit. The Crowley Lake campground is close to the town library and the Dial a Ride bus will pick you up and drop you off on the main road, too. Nice view of the lake, but the campground itself is blah. There are nicer BLM LTVA campgrounds in the Owens Vlly, but they are farther away from towns.

trailer-t said:
Thanks  Vonbrown, For $10.96 a day (including all utilities) what is not to like!  Do they only allow titled RVs in the campground? (or also permit Cargo trailer conversions & van conversions etc?).  I checked into some places down on the gulf that looked good monthly (including also wifi) until they said-- Only "real" RVs can park here.  No FEMA Trailers with window AC ?? or homemade units........etc. 
  Thanks T

What is a FEMA trailer?

Here is the wikipedia on Fema trailer: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FEMA_trailer

They don't usually have any tanks, fresh, grey or black. I don't think they have any batteries either as they were built to be tied into the grid. I have never seen one in person even though I live near houston.

Latest posts