Any other GMC Motorhome owners out here?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
exitinn said:
Get the newest copy of motorhome mag

Why? Is there any vintage GMC info IN There? If so i have to check it out indeed...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZoNiE said:
Had one. Early '77 Kingsley with the 455. Ahead of it's time but made with 70's GM mechanicals, that not so great. The transaxle was the best transmission GM ever made. Sold it after spending $12K on it and blowing the engine. Enough was enough.

Sorry to hear about you bad experiences. Hope you current rig is taking good care of you

Damn...For S&G did a craigslist search. In great to fantastic condition $18K and higher

Truly incredible (One I saw had 81K miles from 1977.....)  :cool:

Dutch Marc said:
Sorry to hear about you bad experiences. Hope you current rig is taking good care of you

Thanks. It is. Totally is.

With the GMC, You get to the point that it's just not worth it. I put new everything in it and when the engine blew, that was another $5K or more plus the $5K I still had yet to put in the bodywork and paint and I had enough. It was a 40 year old GM vehicle, and I wouldn't even buy a new GM vehicle today.

I went to a travel trailer for 5 years that I pulled behind my daily driver (2009 V8 Sport Trac), now I have a Safari Motorhome. Car based units, including most class C's are just not up to the task. Diesel Pushers are an order of magnitude tougher than anything else, and the prices on Mid-90's coaches are really good right now. I was always worried going on the road in my GMC, but wouldn't hesitate to drive to Maine in the Safari tomorrow...

Dutch Marc said:
Yes 6-8/mpg ...

Yikes!  6 - 8 mpg??  

I've driven 45' Apple and Google coaches that got 6mpg, but they had 200 gallon tanks.  

How large is the fuel tank on that GMC?