Ampere Time Lithium Iron Phosphate Batteries?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not that specific model but Will Prowse gutted an ampere time battery in one of his videos. The build quality was excellent, but there is no low temperature charging protection. If this one is the same it would need to be heated in the winter with a heating pad.

Freeze protection can be handled with a victron charge controller and and Bluetooth battery sense. You can also create your own heated solution with a heat pad and thermal cube

GoingMobile said:
Has anyone looked at or tried Ampere Time Lithium Iron Phosphate Batteries?

They have 12V 200Ah Lithium Iron LiFePO4 Deep Cycle Battery, Built-in 100A BMS, 2000+ Cycles, 280amp Max I saw for sale for $900. Looks similar shape and size to the Renogy Lithium Iron Phosphate 12V 170 AH Batteries that sell for $1500.

Those specs are bad for a 200Ah battery.  The continuous discharge capability should be 200A and the max discharge (5 seconds or less) should be 400A or so.

Sounds like a quality battery with a bad BMS.

What is the difference between the Ampere Time & Renogy 100Ah 12v batteries besides the significant price difference? I'm getting started on my build :)

I went down this path.
After getting a couple of batteries that struggled to reach their stated capacity, I went with individual cells, my own BMS and put together my own battery.

Overall MUCH happier and learned a lot more.
If you have the aptitude, a DIY battery will probably make you happier.
Of course, if that prospect is over your head, then you have no choice.

Battleborn batteries are made from 18650 cells and it distinguishes them from most other 100Ah batteries.
BTW....It only takes 3, 18650's to make a 12v battery.  Just keep adding parallel sets to get to 100Ah

BattleBorn has 26650's.  Could not edit post above

mhalonzo said:
What is the difference between the Ampere Time & Renogy 100Ah 12v batteries besides the significant price difference? I'm getting started on my build :)
Battleborn is one of the best on the market. I'm not familiar with the quality of the renogy battery.

Ampere time and some others have been gutted on YouTube and often times their build quality leaves something to be desired.

Sometimes the wiring is too fine gauge. Sometimes the temperature sensor is poor quality, or the wrong type.
Ssometimes the BMS (battery management system) is a low end unit.

Its best to do your homework before buying a lithium battery.

Battleborn is on of the more expensive ones, but I've never seen any bad reviews of them. They do use a different cell than most others on the market, but they also have a warranty and are assembled in the good ole US of A.