Amish knot rugs -- second life for sheets

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gypsy108. Where are you getting the Saris? I made a simple quilt from Saris a couple years back. I love the way they feel and look.
4bd5c523f9b8492033d3916dbb222be5.jpg

Cammalu said:
Gypsy108.  Where are you getting the Saris?  I made a simple quilt from Saris a couple years back. I love the way they feel and look

I got them from a Indian lady friend ( i have about 10 now....i gave many of them away to women in my family(((4)).

That quilt is beautiful !   I've always wanted to make quits too....yes...the material is so soft and so beautiful.....i am always mesmerized by the material and how on earth do they make it.....i've always been crazy about materials...and love doing things by hand.... :heart:

Cammalu said:
Gypsy108.  Where are you getting the Saris?  I made a simple quilt from Saris a couple years back. I love the way they feel and look.

Search on eBay for "lot of Indian saris". You can also find kimonos the same way.

Etsy might be a good source too.

And that's a beautiful quilt.

Thanks everyone. I’m still not much of a sewer but hack away. Ravella helped me much this winter! She seems to be able to do everything.

I joined the quilt club in Quartzsite a few years ago and went in with this bright fabric to learn to make a quilt. The gals weren’t very positive and I was told to save that fabric for something else as it wasn’t the right fabric for a quilt and it really couldn’t be done.

It can be hard for me to follow the rules anyway but when I think I know better I don’t bend very well. That was just a challenge for me. I already bought the fabric and I wasn’t about to just set it aside.

I made the quilt and it’s still being used everyday on my sisters bed. Oh it may not last forever but like High Desert Ranger says, “Everything is biodegradable”. My sis loves it.

I like bright colors and everything I’ve made since is bright.

Ohmygosh Cammalu! It's YOUR nose that keeps growing - not mine!! I didn't help you except for ripping out some unfortunate stitches.
:p
You'd be laughing your head off if you could have seen me muddle through replacing my trailer plug receiver on my tow vehicle, followed by installing and programming my new TPMS (tire pressure monitoring system, for those who wonder).