Ambo Time!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
highdesertranger said:
don't you love dremel tools. highdesertranger

I absolutely do, I have had that thing since I was 12 years old! (The same one!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a3d1b63bdc9e1c23f0e64e223fb05242.jpg

Just woke up on day 6 of my 14 day mission. Not from the alarm clock, but from birds singing. I am looking around the ambo, and pretty happy with what it has become. Maybe one or two small changes left to make inside, and of course paint The outside. Oh well on with the day!

It sure is nice when a dream project finally gets to the point where you can use it more than work on it and dream of using it. I hope you get many more years of enjoyment from the Ambo.

masterplumber said:
It sure is nice when a dream project finally gets to the point where you can use it more than work on it and dream of using it. I hope you get many more years of enjoyment from the Ambo.

Thanks, it has been going very well. Amazing at how quickly you fall into a routine. There are some little things I still need to work out, but I am working the little issues as they come up. It would be great if everything was already perfect, but then I am pretty sure I would be bored all the time. I find I don't do the whole sit around and do nothing all that well. I

Well ,if you DO get it to the perfect point.
You could always build rigs for sale !!!!

Your Ambo is one of my favorite vehicles on this forum. The good news for people like us that don't like sitting still is these projects are never 100% finished. Always an upgrade, an improvement, and if all else fails a little maintenance to keep the body moving. And there is really nothing to do i've put about a dozen coats of wax on my truck once. And man did she shine. Something quite satisfying about making something so shiny.

Overcast day today, first time ever that the batteries were not fully charged before lunch. I guess I need to clean the panels. Or start watching the weather to determine how much power I can use the night before.

356ce1f1cb93fbae01e1c7484fb7e444.jpg

Its amazing what simple *buffing compound can do, tho my own ambu has yet to get it (I'm still building).
With the build, I, too, am never bored-- tho my prob is prioritizing. 
Baloo may pause, but may never be "finished" either, bc "mod" is his thing. 
Its contagious. 
Good job!

Baloo said:
Found a fuel leak while changing my oil

Of course the dealer wants $322 for that little line! So I found a new one on eBay for $40 "buy it now". It should be here in a week. Guess I will figure out a way to fix it till the new one shows up.

Is that on your lift pump?

Also, what brand is your cooler? Looks as robust as a Yeti.

CraigL said:
Is that on your lift pump?

Also, what brand is your cooler? Looks as robust as a Yeti.

It is the input line to the lift pump. The cooler is a Pelican 45 quart cooler.