Ambo Time!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baloo

Reaction score
Well it is that time of the month again for some ambo living action. Three hours of driving, a few gallons of diesel, some crappy radio stations. Here I come road!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Time to get the day started, coffee is brewing, bed is made, now what.

17407b65db67bcb3b528099087c332e7.jpg

The weather was perfect last night, not too hot, not too cold. The drive was uneventful and took a few minutes less than three hours to cover the 148 miles.

Every Road Leads Home said:
Nice set up you have there. Always like following your adventures. Near any water to do some kayaking?

There are some nearby places to paddle, just depends on weather. Looking good so far, plan to charge up some batteries and fly my model helicopter a bit.

RE: Crappy radio stations out on the road....
There are actually some good ones now and then , but the chances of finding one while trying to drive too ........-100%
I used to have a stereo that would find the 6 strongest stations by pushing 1 button.
It was interesting the crap some areas think is "good" !
Like 6 polka stations in Texas east of San Antone skuh kuh kuh kuh

Now use a mp3 player that I load with my idea of good or the phone with ditto.
Have a great weekend bud, thanks for your service.
Whatcha building this time?

More like taking apart, cleaning out the old military stuff and making room for the new. Nice sunny day, heading to the store for diesel and some food

All loaded up for the rest of the weekend!

c285359d343cd1afe06275df332b7e9a.jpg

The morning routine works out rather well. It took a few weeks to work it out, but I am very happy with the routine now.

c78897372600660f30806e40985b2038.jpg

I actually like coffee from the Ambo kitchen over my work coffee pot. I can totally see that living in this thing full time is very possible. Just a few more minor modifications.

A well balanced meal , 3 dogs in one hand and the bottle in the other ! ;)

Time to do absolutely nothing!

80eac92f8df7f9d2042c9d33de018bc3.jpg

For the record, I suck at killing time! I find that even books and movies don't fill the void, I need to fix something!!!

Well I am home now, beautiful day for a window down drive out in the country. Stopped once for a break and just got in three and half hours after I start.

cea5dc7b9d32c95e4569c6fd5d4c6a3c.jpg

Looks like you have it pretty well figured out, you just need to get the hang of the downtime. Either that or have someone follow you around and break stuff that you have to fix. I'll volunteer.

TMG51 said:
Looks like you have it pretty well figured out, you just need to get the hang of the downtime. Either that or have someone follow you around and break stuff that you have to fix. I'll volunteer.

That would be great, there something rewarding about fixing stuff that makes me happy! I love to tinker and try stuff as well, which is why the ambo will never be finished.

Ballo did  I see you parked out on lylewood road last sunday. If it was not you somebody has one just about like yours.

It was me, I have a buddy who lives in Woodlawn. You should stop by next time you see me there!

lylewood eh? Brb, removing Baloo's driveshaft so he can whittle one from a tree and drive home.