All things foam

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have used them several times. They will make a custom cover for any size mattress that you buy.<br><br>James AKA Lynx

I am yet to find a website that explains different foams and paddings and compares in simple terms their differences and standard uses.&nbsp; There is 1/2" gray padding I pulled from my van floor&nbsp;that I can't identify but really like.&nbsp; It is very dense but very soft.

I just put in the Coleman green camping squares. Soft, east to take out and clean. My orgianl floor mat smelled so bad that I had to take it out.<br><br>If you want to replace, you can get it at Northern Tools.<br><br>James AKA Lynx

foambymail.com is great. I've had a bad back since I was a kid loading and unloading semi trucks in Columbus, Ohio, but I haven't woken up with a back ache since I designed my own mattress through them. Plus, I used the same "formula" used in most high end mattresses, but paid less than $500 for it. If you have enough room, I,d suggest a 3-5" standard foam, two "eggshell" layers (they're thin, but they're only there to let the mattress breath), topped with a couple different densities of memory foam. Keep it to under 12" and it fits nicely in one of their mattress covers and doesn't really need any kind of base or box spring under it.

I haven't used it camping, but I would say that memory foam mattresses hold heat so they keep you warmer during the winter, but could be less comfortable during the summer ... although the eggshell layers help release the heat.