A brief introduction

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unc-fester68

Reaction score
Hello all, I am John, or Uncle Fester to my friends (feel free to use either one as you see fit) and while I am NOT a van dweller, I am a van traveler, enthusiast and camper. That is why I joined here, to get and share ideas on my van build up.

My van is a daily driver for my family of four, and as such does NOT have the room for a full blown galley and some other things like that, but I am trying to work some thing up so I do have space for those item so .

I am putting a couch/bench seat for the kids at about mid van, basically where the second row of a conversion van would go, and making it so it can Ben removed in just a little time for extra floor space.

Right behind the couch will be a raised deck with about 18” deep (floor to bed frame) under storage. Day to day there will not be a mattress on the bed frame, but will be for traveling and what not. Storage will consist of matched plastic storage containers, one for clothes, one for food, on for cook and eating gear, etc etc.

I am also going to build up the doors to house my tool bag, quarts of oil, various sprays, etc etc. 

Oh! The van.....opps ! My van is a 1991 Dodge B-250 conversion van, with a 5.2 V8 (318ci) auto transmission, a decent Pioneer digital media stereo w/ four speakers, a holder in back for my 10” IPad for movies, and I have blacked out most of the conversion van windows ( both back doors, Ndola the one so on each side by the bed area. I have added 30x9.5x15 AT tires on the factory aluminum wheeels. I have also added a visor above the windshield.

Well, I think that is about it, ask me if I missed something.

Welcome John to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

Latest posts