6 volt battery uses?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JRRNeiklot

Reaction score
I had one of my two 6 volt batteries stolen.  Now I'm left with one battery that I can't run my trailer off, and adding a new battery to a 5 year old battery is not a good idea.  So, I'm stuck with a useless $300 battery which is still in decent shape.  Is there anything I can do with one 6 volt golf cart battery?

Thanks.

Do you need an exhaust fan? Cooling fans for liquid-cooled motorcycles (or cars) operate on 12 volts, spin pretty fast and push some serious air.

Noisy though at that speed.

Running them on 6 volts would drop their speed by half.

Also: It may be possible to run 5 volt USB devices.

BTW: Do you have a 6V charger?

Get a cheap one to go with it.  If it is a $300 battery at 5 years old you could pair it with a cheap new one. 

Otherwise you could get a new cheap pair, as low as $89 each at Sam's Club, then the next loss won't be as painful.

It it's 5 years old, it's not worth the $300...it has mostly aged out, we only 'rent' batteries anyway.

I'd consider it as the trade-in core value, on a new battery, or, if you are not in the market for a new battery, and if you are anywhere near a golf course or pro shop, ask them if they would want it. Maybe they will 'comp' you a free hamburger in the restaurant.

JRRNeiklot said:
I had one of my two 6 volt batteries stolen.  Now I'm left with one battery that I can't run my trailer off, and adding a new battery to a 5 year old battery is not a good idea.  So, I'm stuck with a useless $300 battery which is still in decent shape.  Is there anything I can do with one 6 volt golf cart battery?

Check with a golf course.  I can get a 1 y.o. used GC2 for $25 (+$10 core charge).

Or replace with two new GC2s - under $100 each at Sam's Club.

I just called every golf course near me. None of them sell batteries.

JRRNeiklot said:
I just called every golf course near me.  None of them sell batteries.

How about asking them what they do with their old batteries.

They probably deal with a distributor or recycler that may sell used battteries.

I've seen used batteries for sale at some WM auto centers. Finding a 6V DC may be iffy tho.

You can't just call a golf course. You have to talk to the person servicing the carts. They can sell a battery when management is distracted.