$25/month Visible UNLIMITED EVERYTHING

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My party pay group is full thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread started out as a good topic of discussion on Visible phone service but all the recent posts are about filling Visible party pay groups. It might be too late but it would be nice for the two topics to have their own threads. Any posts about the service are getting lost in the party pay posts. Maybe a mod will read this and possibly split the thread as I've seen other topics split.

bonvanroulez said:
This thread started out as a good topic of discussion on Visible phone service but all the recent posts are about filling Visible party pay groups. It might be too late but it would be nice for the two topics to have their own threads. Any posts about the service are getting lost in the party pay posts. Maybe a mod will read this and possibly split the thread as I've seen other topics split.

The very first post was about joining a party pay group - I checked before posting myself. The Visible phone service and the party pay groups are completely related and the goal is getting the $25/mo phone service.

Sorry, my mistake. I thought this was the thread for discussing the Visible service. There must be another Visible thread that I was thinking of.

Am I correct that the $25 service allows a hotspot that is unlimited as to data usage (?) and the only "restrictions" are 1) They throttle the speed down but it's still able to see Netflix and Youtube with no/minimal buffering (?) and (2)the hotspot can only be used with 1 device?
Sorry for the run-on sentence.

bonvanroulez said:
Sorry, my mistake. I thought this was the thread for discussing the Visible service. There must be another Visible thread that I was thinking of.

No worries and no apology needed. Sounds like you got what you wanted *grins*

Ken in Anaheim said:
Am I correct that the $25 service allows a hotspot that is unlimited as to data usage (?) and the only "restrictions" are 1) They throttle the speed down but it's still able to see Netflix and Youtube with no/minimal buffering (?) and (2)the hotspot can only be used with 1 device?
Sorry for the run-on sentence.

Yes thats the gist of it and it runs on the Verizon network. I don’t need to sell this because I’m all set, but here you go.

their faq:

What kind of network speed will I get with Visible?

We’re built for life on the go. Which means you’ll typically experience 4G LTE network download speeds of 5-12 Mbps and upload speeds of 2-5 Mbps. Video typically streams at a resolution of 480p - nice and crisp on your phone. Heads up: when the network gets congested your data could slow down for a bit (it’s normal).

And their small print:

*In times of traffic, your data may be temporarily slower than other traffic.
**WiFi calling available on select devices.
+Mobile hotspot speeds capped at 5 Mbps.

I’ve had the service for four months using up to approx 100GB/mo. It is my primary internet/tv connection. I can confirm those are the speeds I see. I have gotten mobile hotspot speeds much higher than 5 Mb per second, but I checked tonight and it was right at 5 over my Visible ZTE Blade A7 phone’s hotspot (Their cheap $80 android). I am in Quartzsite Arizona now and Verizon usage is high here. Over the past month, I have experienced some prime time slowdowns. My buddy on Verizon has experienced them also though. My best advice in these situations, or if you’re on the fringes of service, Is to use the Netflix app (instead of the website) on the phone or computer and download shows beforehand. You can even download and watch in HD that way.

The hotspot is limited to one device connected at a time – but that one device could also be a wireless router/repeater and everything else can connect to that. Here’s the one I use occasionally and it works great.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073TSK26W/

Lastly, “No cap” situations do not appear very often, and usually only for a limited time, especially at $25/mo - don’t blink.

If you will be connecting just the laptop no additional hardware is needed. You will need a router only if you want to connect more than one device to the phone's hotspot.

Tom_M said:
If you will be connecting just the laptop no additional hardware is needed. You will need a router only if you want to connect more than one device to the phone's hotspot.
Tom I just use a USB cord to connect my laptop to my phone for internet and that leaves the hotspot for my kindle fire or my fire stick. Its called USB tethering.

I have 2 visible phones for almost a year and I am very happy with there services I would recommend I am on 2 different different party plans and have not had any problems thanks