2017 Promaster 3500 3.6L Gas

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melanie Haney

Reaction score
Ok, we just bought this promaster that has had the engine replaced. the battery went dead. Hubby tried to jump it off and a relay burned up. replaced the relay the the pcm pad locked it because it thought we were trying to steal it. We had it towed to a shop 900.00 later to replace the fuse block because apparently coolant had leaked on it and shorted it out. This unit has 200 AMP hours lithium house battery and 600 watts of solar. I am so ready to get my van back, get the bed in it and go camping.... Anyone had issues like this with their promaster?

Ok, we just bought this promaster that has had the engine replaced. the battery went dead. Hubby tried to jump it off and a relay burned up. replaced the relay the the pcm pad locked it because it thought we were trying to steal it. We had it towed to a shop 900.00 later to replace the fuse block because apparently coolant had leaked on it and shorted it out. This unit has 200 AMP hours lithium house battery and 600 watts of solar. I am so ready to get my van back, get the bed in it and go camping.... Anyone had issues like this with their promaster?
Don't have a Promaster. But I SURELY do know that feeling of craving your little house back following an averted disaster!

Welcome to the club.

I had mice pee on the computer on my plow truck & the insurance company totaled it. Vehicles got along fine before they had computers IMHO. Sorry you had a problem but glad you're back on the road. WELCOME!

Got all the mechanical bugs fixed. My new issue is the previous owner is still registered on the mop solar controller and I can’t monitor it on my phone because it is registered to them. Also, all of my 110 is run with extension cords. I am trying to find the best way to convert it to a panel box and real wiring. Any help is greatly appreciated!!! I am in nort. Georgia if someone has suggestions on who to take it to for this!!!

My first RV had complicated systems that were challenging for me to operate and impossible for me to repair. When something stops working (and it will), it's important to know how to fix it. Determined not to make the same mistake again, I bought a van and built it personally, even though I have no mechanical/construction skills.. There is nothing in it that I can't fix or easily replace. Meeting your electrical needs doesn't have to be complicated. Search for a post I just wrote about this on a thread about a MaxAir fan.
Here's a YT video for encouragement:

Latest posts