2000 Jayco Eagle 286 s

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slark

Reaction score
[font=Inter, sans-serif]This forum is helpful for asking and listening to advice. Bear with me. We are looking at a the above mentioned Class C RV. Milage is 54,000. Asking price is $29,995. Two previous owners. Owner is selling due to not using it (older couple). Its been stored covered. Everything works. It has one slide out. We have tried to find information online etc about this model.  There really isn't any information  as far as we can tell! We are going to decide tomorrow if we should hire a rv inspector. We have made the commitment that no matter what, our potential RV WILL be inspected, even if we have to pay for service only to say not interested. Thoughts, experience, wisdom from anyone here?  Thank you for your time![/font]

Be careful, Jayco had some quality control issues around that time if I remember correctly. Slides are a real pain when they malfunction. It is over 20 years old and has sat a lot which isn't good says the guy with a 1983 Barth that hasn't been started or moved for over 12 years and probably will never move again! Lol!!! Plan on replacing tires and rubber hoses like brake, fuel and coolant/water hoses as well as seals. An engine oil sample kit can be purchased and sent off for analysis will be well worth the money especially if you are investing $30,000. Having bought our well built 1983 and restored Barth in 2002 I can almost assure you you will find some repairs will be necessary. The tires that had tread that looked like new were 13 years old and we discovered that when an original rear axle oil seal started leaking.

Next on tour, 2004 Bigfoot 29RQ. 54 k miles, gas ford 6.8L V-10. New brakes, wheels and service receipts, $39000.
Thank you again for input!