20 pounds of poop on the street -- is this us?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To say "It's San Francisco. That says it all." is disrespectful in so many ways it is not funny. Homeless encampments all over California do not have adequate toiletry facilities. Mainly as a result of the drug addicted and the liability of allowing anyone to use the bathroom in a business, most businesses in many parts of any major city are off limits even to patrons of that business. Which leaves tourists, shoppers and the disenfranchised alike left wanting. Been to Oakland lately? Berkeley? Los Angeles? Mountain View? I could name a hundred other cities with a large homeless and four wheel residents who, more often than not have no place to relieve themselves. 

Our local Rite Aid used to let me use the restroom, but they stopped letting customers use it after a while.  They'd get heroin addicts shooting up and leaving needles, sometimes trashing it in other ways, sometimes just nodding out and not coming out for hours.  They'd have to call the police to get them out.

You can't always tell by looking, either, so ... it was just too much of a pain and liability.  As usual, some jerk comes along and ruins things for everyone else.  And ... there are always plenty of jerks ...

Moxadox said:
You have no idea how much self control I exercised to keep from lighting one up in front of that cop's RV........

The Dire Wolfess

I suppose the automatic response to put the fire out by stomping on it would have the poor guy stepping in it. 
You guys are too cruel. ~crofter

ok ok, gluing mailboxes closed with super glue is over, dog poop in lighted bag on porch step is over, toilet paper all the trees in someone's yard is over, egging cars from an overpass is over....haha....time to move on about how bad we can prank someone LOL too funny

I was drunk and peeed in a cars open window at the bar one night, I knew he guy he deserved it . Ok now I’m done. .

Smitty716 said:
I was drunk and peeed in a cars open window at the bar one night, I knew he guy he deserved it . Ok now I’m done. .
Was the guy in it.....?

The Dire Wolfess

"Us" as in homeless? Probably.
" Us" as in van dwellers, nomads or CRVL people? Almost certainly not.

But why assume it's human waste? Could easily be dog shit.

mayble said:
 . . . But why assume it's human waste? Could easily be dog shit.

From the context of where it is; the problem San Francisco is having with human waste.

lenny flank said:
Alas, as I always say, there's no need for conspiracy theories to explain why so many cities ban us. We are, as a group, our own worst enemy.

:(

I also traveled in a station wagon; and preferred sleeping in it rather than a smokey Lysol-ed motel.  

When I was doing this, I remember a family member calling to pay for a night in a motel.  This family member was emphatic and appalled.

Having to travel, Utah, Idaho, Wyoming,  it was a company car; company gas credit card, and they reimbursed me for motels, even though I was quite clear that I rarely used them.

So this nutty idea of living out of a vehicle; has been stirring in me for some 40 years.  Somehow I knew, I would face this again, someday; maybe living on the street.  It's not foreign.

What is foreign is my original street world; has metamorphosized, into a wholly different world out there.  And now I am not the scrappy youngster.

It must have looked like this, although these folks are having fun appears.    ~crofter

Mod edit: video title is "Animated Poop Emoji dancing farting plush toys".  Please include a description with video links.

Latest posts