1999 Dodge Ram Van Mark III?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4GNomad

Reaction score
What do you guys think of this van? I found one that has a 3.9L V6 w low miles (<70k). Anything I should be wary about this particular van. From what I've read on the forum, their engines are pretty good. Thanks in advance for the feedback.

4GNomad said:
What do you guys think of this van?  I found one that has a 3.9L V6 w low miles (<70k).  Anything I should be wary about this particular van.  From what I've read on the forum, their engines are pretty good. Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Did you mean to include a link?

Here is a pic of the van...

markIII.jpg

Attachments

• markIII.jpg
    markIII.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 14
It looks like it's worth going to look at. When ever I look at dealer sales, I google the dealer. California Diversified Ventures had 20 reviews, 18 of them good. The two that weren't so good had more to do with personality and nothing to do with a purchase.

My 97 has a high roof and a 318. Gets about 15 mpg on the highway and running strong with 190k miles.  Ide try to work them a little on the price but that looks like a nice ride.

The only problem I see with that van is it is a short body. 2 feet makes a large difference, and 4 feet a huge one.

Just typed an addition, and it vanished!

It is only 7.5 feet from the back of the drivers seat to the back door. A regular van is closer to 10, and the extended van is roughly 13 feet.

GotSmart said:
The only problem I see with that van is it is a short body. 2 feet makes a large difference, and 4 feet a huge one.
X2!!!

I have a 1995 version of this van. The $ was right & I consider it my starter/learning van. 1st thing I learned - I want a longer van. Depends on your planned usage. I'm not a minimalist tho I'm trying to pare my belongings way down. Since I'll be local for a while keeping things in a storage spot will be OK. When I start traveling I'll want a longer van and a high top. Trying to make space for storage & a living/cooking area is difficult. Need to live in current van so I can save $ for what I'd really like. Good luck.

The 3.9 v6 of this era had an issue with the heads cracking.

Also when heavily loaded, as a dweller is likely to do, the 3.9 gets no better mileage than the 5.2.

Many 3.9s have only a 3 speed transmission.  No overdrive, and this is certainly not desirable if one is doing long stretches on the highway.

Again... Thanks for the feedback. I'll keep looking. :)