1998 Ford E350 Van Box Truck

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awilder

Reaction score
Hi there, I am looking for a vehicle for myself, partner and three children (one in a car seat). Want to seat all 5 but just will need one bed as only my daughter and I will use it for part time living, along with insulation, cooking, toilet. I've been thinking about a high top van or box truck. 

Does anyone have any experience with a 1998 Ford E350 Van Box Truck? This one has 46K miles. A three passenger rear bench. RV door and window by the bench with a bulkhead between the seat and the 9 foot cargo compartment. An aluminum ramp like moving trucks. $11,500 firm. 

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-07-24 at 5.16.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-24 at 5.16.44 PM.png
    180.3 KB · Views: 17
That looks great -- a little pricey, but oh boy you could turn that into a fabulous camper for just a few dollars. It already has the windows, the walk-through, and the side door. Personally, I'd find it hard to pass up.

I'm a big e350 fan. I find them to be just the perfect combination of size, power, and build strength for a medium-sized van or camper.

Don't be unnecessarily alarmed by this, but there was a problem with some of the medium-sized Ford V8 engines blowing spark plugs for a few model years there, possibly including your model year, but you can look up the details easily and certainly ask the current owner.

If you have the E4 OD transmission (4-speed automatic with torque converter lockup and overdrive), which would have been the normal component, you should be good to go. Those trannys are really solid and dependable, plus they've made millions of them over the years since I don't know when -- I had a 1995 F350 with that trans and they weren't new then.

Good luck with your project.

Johnny