1972 ford camper van listing

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice looking classic van if it's in the shape he says. No electronics to worry about on the engine.....real easy to work on.

I wonder exactly what is meant when the seller says it has a Mustang big block? 351? 390? 428? 429?
The van is neat, and I'm glad to hear it has a rebuilt transmission & carburetor, but at that point, why not the engine as well?
Still, perfect for the eclectic van dweller. I would recommend going through it very carefully first if you are seriously considering it. Unless of course you are good with a set of wrenches.

Ballenxj said:
I wonder exactly what is meant when the seller says it has a Mustang big block? 351? 390? 428? 429?
The van is neat, and I'm glad to hear it has a rebuilt transmission & carburetor, but at that point, why not the engine as well?
Still, perfect for the eclectic van dweller. I would recommend going through it very carefully first if you are seriously considering it. Unless of course you are good with a set of wrenches.

Good question, I'll ask.

Hoping to be good with wrenches someday, but not yet. I'll try to find some help with that.

Ballenxj said:

If it has a mustang engine then it has been replaced.
 Hopefully the 351 Windsor mated to a C-6. It would be a good choice.
i love the Cleveland but parts are getting scarce.

Alcatraz said:
If it has a mustang engine then it has been replaced.
 Hopefully the 351 Windsor mated to a C-6. It would be a good choice.
i love the Cleveland but parts are getting scarce.
I would still be inclined to ask the seller what was meant by that. I have seen too many people say things like "I put a Corvette engine in the van, etc. Why would you do that? A Corvette or Mustang engine is not the right application for a van or truck where you want the torque to come on in a lower RPM for pulling weight. A Corvette or Mustang engine usually has more HP than torque, and is made to make a lighter bodied car go fast. I suspect the people that say things like that do so because they think it sounds cool, but understand little about the function.

or someone told him that like the previous owner or someone trying to butter him up. I have seen it a lot people think they have gold(and they truly believe it) when in reality they only have iron pyrite. highdesertranger

I like the looks, very cool! It almost looks like it has a huge solar system on the roof ;)

dr_nelson said:
I like the looks, very cool! It almost looks like it has a huge solar system on the roof ;)

That "is" solar on the roof,
of the house behind it. :p

Well it's gone anyway, to the first people who saw it (I sent my sister to take a look because I wasn't going to make it up there until tomorrow, but too late).

I'm pretty much resigned to car/tent camping until I can build my budget up enough to have more options.

TheCatsPajamas said:
Well it's gone anyway, to the first people who saw it (I sent my sister to take a look because I wasn't going to make it up there until tomorrow, but too late).

I'm pretty much resigned to car/tent camping until I can build my budget up enough to have more options.

Thats too bad. Dont give up though something will come your way.