✅ Questions about Ford E-450 w/ 6.8 Gas Triton V10…

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a thing, not much use & time to spend more Tax $$
They didn't disclose any mechanical disposition for the auction. You only find out if you go in person and have an experienced diesel mechanic examine it for you. Unless you can do it yourself. If you can't do that, it's an expensive bet.

But outside of that, even just the bed and add ons could be sold at a great return if you just wanted the platform.

Helluva deal on that incident response vehicle. They typically don't see a lot of miles, and usually sit indoors for years, maybe do a few parades, respond to incidents a few times a year, usually within a short drive from wherever it is based out of.

They can cost way past $100,000, and often past $200,000 depending on equipment and options. I haven't been involved in those activities for years so I'm sure the costs are much higher now.

Actual incident command vehicles can easily exceed a half million. Nowadays, the sky is the limit for some of those.

Yeah ambulances aint cheap either. But the incident response vehicle that went for 16.5k is the type that responds to serious incidents for support of personnel on scene. Truck crashes, structure fires, oil spills, hazmat cleanup, airplane crashes, wildfires, railroad derailments, building collapses, etc etc.

They come in all shapes and sizes:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=incident+reponse+vehicle&t=brave&iax=images&ia=images

They typically cost less than an ambulance but yeah, way north of 100k, depending on equipment. That one looks very well equipped for the intended mission so I'm fairly certain that in 2009 it was probably way above 200 grand, based on some of the activities and rigs I was involved with back around that time.

We used the term IRV for those, and ICV for the incident command vehicles: Incident command vehicles are the ones with interior space for personnel, sort of like a situation room on wheels. They are usually equipped with a variety of electronic communication equipment and generally include remotely operated optical and IR cameras, usually on articulating booms or telescoping pneumatic monopoles.

I have no idea what the actual cost of the rig (that was auctioned) was in 2009, but the point is that 16.5k is a helluva deal!

(y)

Last edited:
It's not an ambulance but I think the intent was to make you (and any other readers) aware that there might be other options to consider.

But your point is valid. Occasionally we detour. Stuff happens.

I can certainly remove the offending posts and place them in another thread if you'd like to keep the narrow focus here and remain on topic.

Last edited:
It's not an ambulance but I think the intent was to make you (and any other readers) aware that there might be other options to consider.

But your point is valid. Occasionally we detour. Stuff happens.

I can certainly remove the offending posts and place them in another thread if you'd like to keep the narrow focus here and remain on topic.
Nah, it’s okay! Leave it up.👍

Ok, back to the topic…. Is it normal for a 6.8 V10 with 172,000 miles and oil changes every 5000 miles to need a quart of oil every 1000 miles?

We tried a V10 Dodge Gas we worked very hard to 250,000 miles with no oil usage. We went back to diesel as the V10 gas only got 6 mpg.