Anyone in the Alabama Hills,Ca?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

La Tortuga

Reaction score
I am in the Alabama hills for the next week.  Are there any tribe members in the area and if so would you like to meet and share some stories?   Contact me if you are interested.

^
I spent a short time in the AH in July, and at least I didn't see evidence of the local fools coming in with their automatic weapons and blasting beer bottles to smithereens, like they did in the BLM land next to the Deschutes River near Redmond OR. Now "that" was truly onerous. I'm gonna take my camera on future trips, just for the sake of recording the local idiots acting like idiots.

OTOH, the Alabama Hills are a national treasure, so maybe the BLM or the city of Lone Pine goes in periodically and cleans up any messes left behind by the brainless.

La Tortuga said:
I am in the Alabama hills for the next week.  Are there any tribe members in the area and if so would you like to meet and share some stories?   Contact me if you are interested.

Shoot me a message if you would like to visit.
I'm easy to find.  I'm in the white van.

La Tortuga said:
Shoot me a message if you would like to visit.
I'm easy to find.  I'm in the white van.

Mine does have some identifiable characteristics, grey stripping with an orange tool box on the back.

highdesertranger said:
dang I hate graffiti.  highdesertranger

same here, I just hate this type of stuff that kills the real nature of it all as it was meant to be viewed. it is what it is tho

I actually like this one.

Is that what the ancient ones said when they saw someone painting the rocks that we now all enjoy? There will be future generations trying to preserve our now graffiti. I hate most of it too though...