This is pretty cool

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where did you find that picture?  I'd like to see more PLEASE !!!!!!

It was on a site with all kinds of photos. This was the only one of this rig.

Very cool. Would be fine for 1 person and very lightweight, as compared to the usual fiberglass or aluminum cabover truck camper which weights 3000 pounds and made to handle up to 4 people. It also looks like it would be "almost" grizzly-proof, as compared to those soft-sided popup campers. If built onto an 8-foot longbed pickup, it would have about as much room as my cargo van too. Plus the pickup could be 4WD and go anywheres. Very cool.

I found a pinterest page with similar DIY designs, but wood.
https://www.pinterest.com/michaelwolff186/box-trailer/?lp=true

Yeah that is very nice! You could even put an AC in the window at night.

A man at the 2017 RTR had one almost exactly like this but I think his bed was on the right side. It was a really impressive build. He could sit on his bed and reach everything. He was parked across the wash from the fire circle because he only had one leg and had a little difficulty getting around.

BUT- not possible to do a basin bath in there with so much stuff.  

When I was in my truck, I had the whole end of the short box bed, at least 3x3 open for moving around and doing such things as cooking, bathing, sitting and watching the world go by. Not very stealthy though. You are busted when you get out of the cab and get in the back. 

To compensate for this lack of stealth, I slept in a bunk that I built where the back seat used to be. I could pull up and park for the night without ever getting out.    ~crofter

That may be the good solution. Sleep in the back of the cab, and then the truck-bed with high-top topper is just for living. And doing your basin baths. 

Actually, I was thinking that, if you have the 8' long pickup bed, then you still have 2' area at the back end to do your basin baths.

QinReno said:
Sleep in the back of the cab, and then the truck-bed with high-top topper is just for living.

In my book, sleeping is one of the best parts of living. I'm going to take a nap now. I'm all tuckered out from writing this.

MrNoodly said:
In my book, sleeping is one of the best parts of living. I'm going to take a nap now. I'm all tuckered out from writing this.
Mr Z--Z--Z sign.

I thought I would post this over here rather than on the fantasy truck thread, since john balked at off-color vehicles. These people just traded their Class-A for a Fuso a few weeks ago. youtube must pay good. Probably not my ideal rig.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiCG0ehE-Zc9GnwCcFqtAhw/videos