You know those bags of mini peppers?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gcal

Reaction score
Cut in half and clean. Fill with blue cheese or Roquefort. Sprinkle with bacon bits if you want. Bake or broil or microwave or wrap in thick tin foil and put by hot coals. Get a dragon to blow on them with dragon breath, just melt the cheese and heat the pepper without making them mushy. Serve with thick buttered slices of fresh Italian bread or Bollo rolls and your favorite olives.  Lazy lunch that DH  loves and thinks I actually worked at.

Don't forget your favorite olives and a glass of wine. Decadent!

Yum Roquefort !   I can hardly find it around here any longer. 

I've been melting cream cheese in the microwave and mixing in chopped green olives with pimentos and some
olive juice and garlic salt.   Just thin enough to bump the peppers on their ends and the cheese mixture flow
into them and fill the pepper.

I often shop at Dollar Tree and pick up a bottle of larger olives stuffed with pimento and packages of Genoa Salami.

When I cut the top of my peppers and scoop out the webbing in them,  I try to do it under water so I don't breathe the vapors.   Then I fill mine with the cheese and use one of the larger olives like a cork in the top.

The Genoa Salami is thin sliced and I wrap one slice around the pepper from one side and one slice from the other and use a tooth pick to hold these together by running the pepper through with it.

I try to purchase the largest jalapeno's I can find for  this.

Just try to have plenty of cold beverages on hand. 

I have one of these pepper tools for hollowing out the peppers

61UoXjOTAcL._SX522_.jpg

eDJ_ said:
Yum Roquefort !   I can hardly find it arpepper here any longer. 

I've been melting cream cheese in the microwave and mixing in chopped green olives with pimentos and some
olive juice and garlic salt.   Just thin enough to bump the peppers on their ends and the cheese mixture flow
into them and fill the pepper.

I often shop at Dollar Tree and pick up a bottle of larger olives stuffed with pimento and packages of Genoa Salami.

When I cut the top of my peppers and scoop out the webbing in them,  I try to do it under water so I don't breathe the vapors.   Then I fill mine with the cheese and use one of the larger olives like a cork in the top.

The Genoa Salami is thin sliced and I wrap one slice around the pepper from one side and one slice from the other and use a tooth pick to hold these together by running the pepper through with it.

I try to purchase the largest jalapeno's I can find for  this.

Just try to have plenty of cold beverages on hand. 

I have one of these pepper tools for hollowing out the peppers

61UoXjOTAcL._SX522_.jpg

Whoa! That looks like jalapenos! I was talking about those little sweet peppers. You have way out spiced me!  But the salami wrap sounds interesting.

gcal said:
Cut in half and clean. Fill with blue cheese or Roquefort. Sprinkle with bacon bits if you want. Bake or broil or microwave or wrap in thick tin foil and put by hot coals. Get a dragon to blow on them with dragon breath, just melt the cheese and heat the pepper without making them mushy. Serve with thick buttered slices of fresh Italian bread or Bollo rolls and your favorite olives.  Lazy lunch that DH  loves and thinks I actually worked at.

Would this recipe work well in a solar oven?

Treehugger said:
Would this recipe work well in a solar oven?

I never cooked in a solar oven. Anything you have that will melt the cheese and leave the peppers crisp will work.