Xmas eve robbery

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The vacation countdown started in earnest on Christmas Eve.

gsfish said:
Glad you are OK. Hope the guy recovers fully. I've had a gun in my face with a junkie on the other end so I can kind of relate BUT FOUR!! No way. Mine even apologized.

Guy

When I worked in the convenience store industry, I always appreciated the "professional" robbers; ... they just wanted the money/goods/etc. and while they carried guns/knives/? they wouldn't use them if people cooperated.  The "amateurs" were nervous, drugged out, ??? so were a crap shoot on what they might do before you got them out of the building.  The most upset I'd get would be when one of my employees (after I went into management) would argue, fight, or try to disarm the robber because it meant they (and all their "friends") now thought that store was more "difficult" and needed "extra encouragement" to rob successfully; making it more dangerous each successive time.  Retail businesses pay insurance to cover losses like that; nothing "saleable" in the store is worth someone's life.

Txjaybird said:
I'm so glad you are O.K. 

I have a friend that slapped a would be robbers hand out of the till and closed the drawer saying "NO" at the same time. He left.  She was already a Grandmother of 8, just as I am.  We're just used to slapping hands away from places they shouldn't be I reckon.

I Wish You a Good & Quiet New Years

Jewellann and Q

Glad she made it through the experience; ... I once spent a day cleaning the brain matter up from a mother of 3 that the security tapes showed doing the same thing.