Window sills/frames?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColoRockiesFan

Reaction score
On my high top, my windows are surrounded with 1" of rtech and 1/4 wood. There is an obvious 1" uncovered area around the window and the insulation is clearly visible ... not too mention, the wood cut around the window is not the straightest.   :dodgy:

Does anyone have any ideas on how to cover this area so the insulation doesn't show? I haven't been able to discover a solution.

Side window

Other side window

Last pic

Myself I would just add more rtech in those areas. Anytime I see any area that has no insulation, I always add some in there. For me rtech solves everything. It would easily bend to the contours.

You can use decorator self sticking tape to cover up the rtech, it comes in a roll, they even got some that looks like wood paneling. 

You did a good job with the wood paneling. 

windows hitop.jpg

Attachments

• windows hitop.jpg
    windows hitop.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 18
jonyjoe303 said:
Myself I would just add more rtech in those areas. Anytime I see any area that has no insulation, I always add some in there. For me rtech solves everything. It would easily bend to the contours.

You can use decorator self sticking tape to cover up the rtech, it comes in a roll, they even got some that looks like wood paneling. 

You did a good job with the wood paneling. 
Thanks for the excellent suggestion! I'm going to try that!

Wish I could take credit for the wood paneling, but I can't. Hired a carpenter to do it. He did an OK job but there are areas I need to fix.