Who are you talking to? The future of the internet...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drifted_Cowboy

Reaction score
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...ademics-warn-of-dangerous-future-9508370.html

"A programme that convinced humans that it was a 13-year-old boy has become the first computer ever to pass the Turing Test. The test — which requires that computers are indistinguishable from humans — is considered a landmark in the development of artificial intelligence, but academics have warned that the technology could be used for cybercrime."

A 13 year old? They will be snatching even more pedophiles!!!! I like it.

So a computer is designed to chat like a 13 year old. And let say we release it in the big dating web sites, as a police action to find pedophiles. The 13 year old pretends to be an 18 year old. And sets up sting operations. It never rests. Skynet for pedophiles.

Or maybe that computer hooks up with yours, leaving you out of the loop, until someone knocks at your door with a warrant.

Pedophiles and their assorted shenanigans are one thing.

Imagine what a company like Eli Lily or PepsiCo or Ford or Hollywood is doing right now with very similar tech and what they "could" do in the very near future.

Even something as simple as this board could soon be completely operated and populated by bots. How long before they are able to operate above the level of college professor? Could they become manipulative, intimidating personas programmed to essentially stalk every single person on earth?

This message brought to you courtesy of Ford Motor Co.

Lol

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLlllllllllllll.........................

makes me think of Skynet.

so, if I abandon my life here in my house, move into my van full time, and dissolve my presence on the interwebs...how will I keep up with you guys???? :(

Smoke signals????? (...and how can I be sure that my 'replys' are not being sent by a computer controlled smoke machine somewhere over the horizon??)

An intricate network of biometrics and carrier pigeons. Even the telegraph has been compromised.

I believe I am about to bow out of the Computer Programming game just in time. The systems are getting close to being able to program themselves, and my kind will be out of a job when that happens. And I am a special kind of endangered species, the nearly extinct "Mainframe Programmer". It will be retired about the same time I am. ;)
I still have my old eight-bit Atari and Commodore 64 computers. I look forward to playing with them again after retirement. Ah, simplicity! And I can be sure they won't be trying to take over my life and eliminate me....... though I do have an old game that begins cheating if I start winning too often. :(