What is "stealth" for?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only way to prevent attracting attention is to be so ordinary and plain looking that no one pays any attention to you. An ordinary looking seagull in a big flock of seagulls that is doing the same kind of behavior as all the other birds. That is what it means to be stealthy.

My rig is not at all stealthy, it makes people very curious to see what it is. I just came back from running errands to find a man with a dog standing in front of the window of my trailer peering inside of it. It happens all the time especially since it is a work in progress. Turns out his wife has told him she won't go camping in a tent anymore so he has been thinking about getting a travel trailer. I told him where he can go locally to rent a variety of them to try out and see if she will enjoy it enough to want to buy one. This stuff is bound to happen now and again no matter what kind of vehicle you own.

Stealth means to hide in plain site. Unless there is a sign posted somewhere that says you can't overnight park then it should be okay as long as you use common sense.

Latest posts