What E-Book/Authors do you read

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ice_maiden

Reaction score
What genre of books/ebooks do you like to read and who is your favorite author?<br /><br />For myself I like cozy mysteries. Preferably in a series, Actually I want most of what I read to be in a series.&nbsp; I really hate it when the story ends... I always have more questions about what happen next.<br /><br />My favorite author has to be Janet Evanovich.... I think I have all but one of her books<br /><br />yea I like trashy novels.... reading is a way to relax and chill for me..

Sci-Fi/Fantasy. No specific author, but an exceptional series starts with 'Gardens of the Moon' by Steven Erikson. ..Willy.

I like Thomas Perry, John Sanford, Robyn Cook, Michael Palmer, David Baldacci, John Grisham, and other authors of medical thrillers and things of that sort in general.&nbsp;I recently got a NOOK Color reader and am still getting used to e-books as opposed to the traditional hand held book.&nbsp; I like the back lighting and it has a great battery life.&nbsp; I will say that I miss finding the 25 cent to a dollar books in the flea markete.

Tim, Have you ever read any Patricia Cornwell? She does a forensic pathology thriller series that seems like it might suit you...<br /><br />see I don't always read fluff LOL<br /><br />and you can still get the 25 cent flea market finds.... they just aren't backlit ... which is a bummer

I enjoy post apocalyptic books, zombies, virus ect. I also love to read survival books and anything dealing with living in remote locations. Sci fi and fantasy books are always a fun read as well. I like to read Autobiographies and Biographies.&nbsp;<br /><br />I went through a time of reading True Crime books but the last one I read made me so sick I could never read them again.<br /><br />I never read books on politics or religion.<br /><br />HuggZ

Classic Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Post-Apocalyptic, Alternative Universe/Time Stream, and prefer series' the best. So many authors that I couldn't even begin to name them.

I'm a promiscuous reader.&nbsp; Fond of old scifi, historical fiction, classical fiction, mysteries.&nbsp; The only Ebooks I read come from gutenberg.org and I only read them from there because I can't easily find used hard copies in thrift stores.&nbsp; Balzac's <span style="text-decoration: underline;">Droll Stories</span>, I've read more times than I can count and always get a lot of laughs reading it again.&nbsp; Same with Rabelais <span style="text-decoration: underline;">Gargantua and Pentagruel</span>.&nbsp; I consider <span style="text-decoration: underline;">One Hundred Years of Solitude</span>, by Gabrial Garcia Marquiz one of the great books of the 20th Century, Love in the Time of Plague, good, but less so.&nbsp; I'm fond enough of Umberto Eco to have read most of his books several times, and for historical fiction I'm a series man, try to read the <span style="text-decoration: underline;">Horatio Hornblower</span> series at least once per decade, similarly the <span style="text-decoration: underline;">Flashman</span> series by George MacDonald Fraser.&nbsp; When I come across a Newbery Award winner [young adult] in a thrift store I always buy it, usually enjoy it.&nbsp; Always enjoyed the Larry Niven Tales of Known Space and Ringworld series books, anything by Vonnegut, most of the SciFi writers of the 50s thru the 80s.&nbsp; And just about any history from any time.&nbsp; Ernest Gann, Lindberg, Saint Ex, mostly, for flying books.