What about this heater ?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
 No pricier than a 'normal' RV furnace, and some of those Catalytic heaters are getting up to the same price range. ..Willy.

If you got the money, this would be a great heater as it takes no air from in the room.  This will also cut down on leaks from the outside due to not producing negative pressure which causes air to be brought in to the room from the outside.  If you're looking for safety, this looks like a good choice.

I have not had experience with that brand, but have installed very similar units in several cabins.<br>Empire and Williams are similar in operation and cost, probably others too....<br><br>Direct vent heaters can be adversely affected by wind turbulence- they may shut down, so it would not be advisable to leave one running when driving. I think it would be fine for stationary use if one has the wall space to mount it, and the common sense to keep flammables away from the top, as well as avoiding blocking the airflow into the unit.

<em><strong><span style="color: #888888;">Hi Clan,</span></strong></em><br><em><strong><span style="color: #888888;">I posted this somewhere else seems logical to use the same fuel that runs your bus conversion and very economical.</span></strong></em><br><a href="/post/Diesel-cooker-and-heaters-6482936" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">https://vanlivingforum.com/post/Diesel-cooker-and-heaters-6482936</a><br><br><em><strong><span style="color: #888888;">Geoff</span></strong></em>